Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of changing an exam in semester 2?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Howiya

Just got the exam timetable and I have an exam on the 30th of may (the last week possible). Problem is I have a flight to San Fran booked for the time i should be in the exam. Few other guys in my course are in the same situation as we have always finished exams by the second friday of the exams.

Anybody have any experience of this and if they can issue us with the repeat paper at an earlier date?

We have a 6 day gap between our first and second exam so were not pushed for time in that sense!

Any info is appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

You might not be pushed for time but the rooms/lecturers/exams staff etc may be.

Official exam period goes to the week of 30th of May. I'd say its highly unlikely that you have any hope of getting it changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I'd say the only chance you would have of getting it changed would be if everyone who is doing the exam agrees to it. The exams office will probably just say you shouldn't have booked a holiday during the exam period.

If they gave us timetables earlier we wouldn't have these problems i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

In fairness, the academic calendar goes up in September before the start of term. You should never book a holiday during the weeks set aside for exams.

They might be willing to move the exam if everyone agrees and also if your class is pretty small. Otherwise they probably won't have the space available as other exams will be taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Last year some of the guys in my year tried to change the date of an exam. basically they passed around a sheet and got people to sign it if they agreed to the change of the date of an exam. It did not work in the end but worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

It did not work in the end but worth a try.

Then why even suggest it ?????????

• Advertisement

Head of Department might be able to do something about changing dates.

Then why even suggest it ?????????

It would have worked but everyone did not agree to the change in date of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

BENJANI-4 wrote: »
    Few other guys in my course are in the same situation as we have always finished exams by the second friday of the exams.

So did you go by when you finished exams in the past or when the year you are in finished exams in the past? For example, 1st years may always finish the second friday, 2nd years may also finish the second friday, 3rd years may be in right til the end and it has always been that way.

It takes a lot to organise rooms, timetables, supervisors etc, I dont think youve any hope getting it changed just because a few lads decided to take a chance and book a holiday, thats your problem to sort out not the colleges. I'm sounding a little harsh here, I know its a sucky situation, you wont get it changed and its a lesson for you, a mistake you wont make again in a hurry.

Advertisement