Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second sleeve similar to the first?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

I have one full sleeve and I'm thinking of doing the other arm (at some point, maybe over the next 2 years!). The style of the existing tattoo is pretty traditional Japanese, there's no real nods to modern style at all. So I was kind of thinking of going for something slightly different, maybe more a modern or realistic type, for the other arm.

Question is, is this a good idea? Can I have something totally different on each arm, or would that look weird? I've no problem going Japanese again, and adding in different elements and colours. But at the same time I'd like to explore other styles and designs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Its up to you really what you want to get on either arm!

I have a 3/4 sleeve on each arm and neither are linked at all. Right arm is maori/polynesian style and left arm is japanese style. So nothing really in common between the arms. They don't look stupid (or at least I don''t think they do!), and I think they compliment each other well too.

Personally I'm not a fan of two sleeves the same (but I do like symmetry, so would encourage you to get two sleeves) ,like to see a bit of variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Thanks, good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

joey100 wrote: »
    Its up to you really what you want to get on either arm!

I have a 3/4 sleeve on each arm and neither are linked at all. Right arm is maori/polynesian style and left arm is japanese style. So nothing really in common between the arms. They don't look stupid (or at least I don''t think they do!), and I think they compliment each other well too.

Personally I'm not a fan of two sleeves the same (but I do like symmetry, so would encourage you to get two sleeves) ,like to see a bit of variety!

Oi gimmie back my arms! :eek:

I'm in the same boat as joey100 OP, maori/celtic on my right arm and halfway through an asian sleeve on my left.

Go with what you want... its your arm, if you like it then ignore anyone who says otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

Don't feel limited to just Japanese style tattoos for your other arm. If you want something completely non-related, go for it! As long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Cheers guys, I think I will explore different styles for my other sleeve, whenever I get to do it! I'm liking that hyper-realistic style, but obviously have to consider what elements to have in it. I'm pretty sure I want an octopus on my shoulder and can work from there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement