Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitors?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey ladies, ttc for over a year now, we were only going on hope and trying not to get to wrapped up in it, but starting to worry now and my doctor aint much help says dony worry your young, im in my early 30s so i dont think its too spritely lol

Anyway before i go back to her i was wondering should i try the fertility monitors, my question is has anybody tried them and were they any good, oh and how much would you expect to pay for one?

Thank you xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Missmelo, I tried the cheap ones that measure just the LH surge off the net and I found them to be annoying. I had to pee in a cup, wait five minutes, then test the pee, wait again for the strip to change colour, and as it only picks up the surge we missed it as many months as we saw it.
    This month we finally went and bought the clearblue one, it measures other hormones too, and it showed me 4 days of high fertility and two days of ovulation. There was no peeing in a cup, yes you have to wait 5 minutes for it to read, but as I just throw the unit in my dressing gown pocket, it makes no difference, not like having cups of pee floating around.
    The unit cost about €112 and two months sticks about €14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Thanks very much for the reply it really helps in making my decision, id prefer the monitor like you said yourself i dont want cups of wee around the place either.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

boots persona.

PM if you want one, as I have no more use for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

That is really very nice of you, but i just bought my one thanks so much xx

Advertisement