Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

KeithAFC wrote: »
    There could be a demand for it you know on RTE? RTE are a big channel. You can bet anything if they didn't show it, people would question RTE and say why didn't you have that? When everyone else has it.
    RTE a big channel? You're surely taking the p*ss there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they wouldn't spend the money to show the euro atheletics though they had the rights or the boxing evening now there showing this, is there confirmation of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Not sure what's worse, this or Katherine Lynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

...Was there going to be something else on RTE less ****e than this that you'd prefer to watch?

As an aside:
    I pay my tv license so I can own a tv, not so I can tune in to tv channels. Everything I watch comes from the internet or xtra vision, no commercials, no stupid Irish tosser celebrities and nothing I don't want to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Dermighty wrote: »
    ...Was there going to be something else on RTE less ****e than this that you'd prefer to watch?

As an aside:
    I pay my tv license so I can own a tv, not so I can tune in to tv channels. Everything I watch comes from the internet or xtra vision, no commercials, no stupid Irish tosser celebrities and nothing I don't want to watch :D

Save your money and buy a decent monitor, dump the telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the millions of anti-royals in the UK who must be getting this sh1t rammed down their throats 24/7 and can't escape it.

Anyway, RTE's the same as the royal family, it also being made up of overpaid over-privileged inbreds.
    just where do you come up with ,millions of ant royals in the UK ? on the subject of anti royals in the UK,it seems a extremist islamic protest that is intended, ,it is not so much about the royal wedding itis a protest about the [wait for it] crusades no one ever told them it was the pope who sent armies ,not the royal family,why dont you join them ,i feel sorry that your life is going to be turned upside down by millions of irish people who want to watch it on TV,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Im not 'disgusted' by it like I know a few people are, but I just dont get the hype around the royal wedding. One minute half of Ireland are bitching and moaning bout the queen having a visit, next minute its Kate Middleton mania. Bizarre.

you know what this the celebration of an archaic tradition of monarchy the very definition of anti-democracy, a family that carries on Engalnd long history of aggressive imperialism and colonialism right up to this very day william will follow his family like charles and andrew who's main job is to impress and cosy up to other repressive monarchs and bribe them with money, underages hookers and drugs so they can secure favourable arms and oil deals.

revolting and to be utterly and actively rejected by every modern person.

ps we should be supporting uk republicans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Bar stool Republicans and internet warriors, sigh...

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Bar stool Republicans and internet warriors, sigh...
    lazy complicit cynics sigh...

• Advertisement

you know what this the celebration of an archaic tradition of monarchy the very definition of anti-democracy, a family that carries on Engalnd long history of aggressive imperialism and colonialism right up to this very day william will follow his family like charles and andrew who's main job is to impress and cosy up to other repressive monarchs and bribe them with money, underages hookers and drugs so they can secure favourable arms and oil deals.

so you are saying most irish people that seem to want to watch the royal wedding are backward ? ,

getz wrote: »
    so you are saying most irish people that seem to want to watch the royal wedding are backward ? ,

any that do are, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They are pretty big accusations there. I presume you have proof of these libelous claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

For all the outraged shinners- I have no interest in watching it but my 12 year old daughter is really looking forward to it. For that reason, I'm happy RTE are showing it.

They are pretty big accusations there. I presume you have proof of these libelous claims.

it think it libellous to suggest a monarchy is for anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

it think it libellous to suggest a monarchy is for anything else

So you stand over your claims that they use underage prostitutes, drugs and money to bribe people.

Wow, you obviously have some serious insider information there. Care to share it with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There's thousands of TV licence payers who will want to watch this so I don't see a problem. What else is usually on that day anyway a load of repeats and garbage so I don't see a problem with RTE showing it. Most of the people moaning about it probably would not be watching the Telly that day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I think it's grand they're showing it, although I'll watch it on BBC HD... they have a better picture quality and the commentary is always better... have you heard any sport coverage on RTE... LOL!

So you stand over your claims that they use underage prostitutes, drugs and money to bribe people.

Wow, you obviously have some serious insider information there. Care to share it with us?

read the news, but i guess most people celebrating the royal wedding don't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Azureus wrote: »
    Im not 'disgusted' by it like I know a few people are, but I just dont get the hype around the royal wedding. One minute half of Ireland are bitching and moaning bout the queen having a visit, next minute its Kate Middleton mania. Bizarre.

So would that be the other half of Ireland?

Weird how there can be two popular but contradictory public opinions on something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So how come no one was up in arms back at Christmas before last when they showed the second Shrek movie...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Loads of English people wont be watching this. I've heard of protests occuring by republicans (English ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,699 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Predator_ wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, Nigeria never invaded us and committed countless crimes over a period of 800 years.

Sure about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Why should'nt RTE show it. Look at the loads of tripe we import from the states and no one complains. I cannot see what the problem is.

Gnobe wrote: »
    Loads of English people wont be watching this. I've heard of protests occuring by republicans (English ones).
    people on these threads,[always from ireland] keep on saying this,but i have yet to meet a english republican in my 70 years of living here,there must be some living in london,but i believe its mostly irish fantasy.i know a lot of people wont be watching it ,including me,but that does not make me a republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

people on these threads,[always from ireland] keep on saying this,but i have yet to meet a english republican in my 70 years of living here,there must be some living in london,but i believe its mostly irish fantasy.i know a lot of people wont be watching it ,including me,but that does not make me a republican.

So what do you make of this.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1455006

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Not sure what's worse, this or Katherine Lynch.

Katherine lynch by a mile, although this is also fecking stupid.

I wouldnt want to watch mass on a sunday, i wouldnt want to watch a strangers (or anyone elses) wedding video and i wouldnt want to watch a richard curtis film. why the hell would you combine all those shítty elements into one clusterfúck of arse dribble

really? I know loads and I dont even live there. My gf and all her mates bar one say the royal family should be abolished. maybe its because youve lived there for 70 years and the older generation would have more of an affinity for them?

dont get excited,this is the web site that believes doctor who is real and has a doctor who discussion on its forum

• Advertisement

There was a republican march to take place in soho but it was banned. yep, banned.

http://www.resistradio.com/updates/royal-wedding-street-party-for-republicans-is-banned-by-council

Advertisement