Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

personally I can't wait for that wedding to be over and done with. sick to the teeth of hearing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

There was a republican march to take place in soho but it was banned. yep, banned.

http://www.resistradio.com/updates/royal-wedding-street-party-for-republicans-is-banned-by-council

Only because of safety issues. The met will be stretched to the limit that day as it is, so something like this which will need a police presence isn't viable.

Already the islamists are trying to organise some sort of demonstration, in order to cause hatred and division.

Their right to protest isn't being taken away, I'm sure when things have quietened down they will be able to have their demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Only because of safety issues. The met will be stretched to the limit that day as it is, so something like this which will need a police presence isn't viable.

Already the islamists are trying to organise some sort of demonstration, in order to cause hatred and division.

Their right to protest isn't being taken away, I'm sure when things have quietened down they will be able to have their demo.
    Yeah but you see, no one will notice it then or care, or be in a position to get offended or even hear about it. These people need the attention. Attention seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Is it not on BBC for everyone to watch anyway or did the royal family sell the rights to Sky or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

kfallon wrote: »
    RTE should be fooking ashamed of themselves :mad:

That's it, further evidence for the reason why I'll never, ever pay my TV licence again.

Watching the son of a slag get married to some other slag!

Jesus get a life, you have a few buttons to play with here, OFF, Ch+ or CH-.
    Use them!!!!

The amount of crap from RTE that is spilled over the airwaves day in and day out it staggering for a national broadcaster.

So much anti english from a country that heavily replies on the UK in a great number of ways is so so sad.

grow up people and move forward with your little lives......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Gnobe wrote: »
    I believe it when I see it.:D

It's true discussing it on local radio and so far most of the comments are good local shopkeepers are thrilled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

hopefully. although is that within the 'restriction zone' around westminster where there is all sort of restrictions on protests?

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Yeah but you see, no one will notice it then or care, or be in a position to get offended or even hear about it. These people need the attention. Attention seekers.

attention is kind of the point of a protest keith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

getz wrote: »
    all i have heard here is of dead people,we are talking about english republicans of to-day,unless you wish to start with oliver cromwell,

Richard Dawkins.

• Advertisement

BrookieD wrote: »
    Use them!!!!

The amount of crap from RTE that is spilled over the airwaves day in and day out it staggering for a national broadcaster.

So much anti english from a country that heavily replies on the UK in a great number of ways is so so sad.

can we put this to bed please!

having no interest in the monarchy is not anti english. they are barely even english themselves for god sake. you can think toffs and aristocrasy is farcical and still liek the other 99% of englands poppulation and culture.

and yes rte is appalling, this is just a new level of vacuous crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

It's true discussing it on local radio and so far most of the comments are good local shopkeepers are thrilled
    its a public holiday in the UK,and there will be street parties in every town and city,the last one i remember was the queens silver jubilee in 1977,i even have a signed print given to me of it by edith le breton ,[enid jackson] she was like a aunt to me,she was also lowrys favourite pupil,not that its anything to do with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Use them!!!!

I'll agree with you that people can just not watch it, but i do think it's possible for people to question why it's on without being "anti english".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Use them!!!!

Speaking of "little lives". :rolleyes:

its a public holiday in the UK,and there will be street parties in every town and city,the last one i remember was the queens silver jubilee in 1977,i even have a signed print given to me of it by edith le breton ,[enid jackson] she was like a aunt to me,she was also lowrys favourite pupil,not that its anything to do with this thread

Michael Lowry was a teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

TV3 are showing it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Use them!!!!

The amount of people who refuse to move and accept that it's now the 21st Century and Britain is no longer the enemy is staggering.

The amount of people who refuse to move and accept that it's now the 21st Century

The irony of somebody lauding a relic of the middle ages (which has a good dollop of 17th-century anti-Catholicism thrown in for good measure) saying this has clearly eluded you. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

The amount of people who refuse to move and accept that it's now the 21st Century and Britain is no longer the enemy is staggering.

Britain is of course the enemy.

Those little knackers in Harry Brown. The scumbags in Green Street. The little ****heads in Football Factory. They're all english. And the killing of Cillian Murphy in The Wind That Shakes the Barley :(

PS: It's always a "number of people", never an "amount of people". So much for your defence of royalism when you can't speak the Queen's English properly.

• Advertisement

Dionysus wrote: »
    The irony of somebody lauding a relic of the middle ages (which has a good dollop of 17th-century anti-Catholicism thrown in for good measure) saying this has clearly eluded you. :o

Clearly it has.

Would you, with your superior knowledge and understanding, care to enlighten me as to where the irony is in looking forward to watching a happy event at a time when there is so much unhappiness in the news?

:rolleyes:

PS: It's always a "number of people", never an "amount of people". So much for your defence of royalism when you can't speak the Queen's English properly.

Jesus get over yourself!

There really should be a Boards wide ban on nitpicking and snobbery.

its a public holiday in the UK,and there will be street parties in every town

Including Crossmaglen? Oops! How the unionists quickly forget parts of their "union" when it doesn't suit their royalist myths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Thats why I never have or never will get a T.V. license..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

The Premiership isn't an English league. It's a league comprising the best footballers from Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Britain is of course the enemy.

Those little knackers in Harry Brown. The scumbags in Green Street. The little ****heads in Football Factory. They're all english. And the killing of Cillian Murphy in The Wind That Shakes the Barley :(

And their Police kicked the crap out of Daniel Day Lewis and stitched him up for a crime he didn't commit.

Clearly it has.

Would you, with your superior knowledge and understanding, care to enlighten me as to where the irony is in looking forward to watching a happy event at a time when there is so much unhappiness in the news?

If this is what you describe as a "happy event" then you're clearly ignoring reality, such as if the woman in question were Catholic, this marriage would not be taking place because the monarchy which you're attempting to promote as modern here remains, in fact, a deeply sectarian and specifically anti-Catholic one. This is a fact which you're not-so-adroitly avoiding.

Moreover, how much will this "happy event" cost? And why pay so much for this "happy event" over the innumerable other happy events in the world? The truth, as well you know, is that you are not obsessed about it because it's a "happy event" but rather because of the politics and culture of the event in question. So please try and desist from being disingenuous about the real reasons you, and people who think like you, are getting on your high horses and condemning the native Irish for not accepting this upstart display from the latest illegitimate House to occupy the throne of England.
    Jesus get over yourself!

There really should be a Boards wide ban on nitpicking and snobbery.

Isn't it great, though. There you are condemning all who don't subscribe to the inherent peasantry - oops pageantry - that is British royalism as being "anti-British" and "living in the past" when you don't have as good a grasp of the Queen's English as the very people you condemn as being anti-British simply because they don't share your adulation for the British monarchy. By your own definition you must be "hypocritical". :rolleyes:

knird evol wrote: »
    The Premiership isn't an English league. It's a league comprising the best footballers from Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.

Er, the English Premiership is, well, English. Stop trying to rob the English of what is their own. What next? The Spanish soccer league is not Spanish but one comprising the best soccer players from Ireland, Germany, Britain, France....?

If this is what you describe as a "happy event" then you're clearly ignoring reality, such as if the woman in question were Catholic, this marriage would not be taking place because the monarchy which you're attempting to promote as modern here remains, in fact, a deeply sectarian and specifically anti-Catholic one. This is a fact which you're not-so-adroitly avoiding.

Moreover, how much will this "happy event" cost? And why pay so much for this "happy event" over the innumerable other happy events in the world? The truth, as well you know, is that you are not obsessed about it because it's a "happy event" but rather because of the politics and culture of the event in question. So please try and desist from being disingenuous about the real reasons you, and people who think like you, are getting on your high horses and condemning the native Irish for not accepting this upstart display from the latest illegitimate House to occupy the throne of England.

First you do realise I am native Irish too don't you? Or do you think that the only true Irish people are those who would despise everything remotely British

Two you have no idea why I am enjoying the build up to the Wedding and will be happy to sit down and watch so don't even think about making assumptions.

I am certainly not obsessed. I simply enjoy the pomp and ceremony surrounding Royal weddings and am happy that to see a news story that is happy and uplifting when there is so much doom and gloom going on nationally and internationally.

The politics are of no interest to me though they certainly seem to be for you.

Isn't it great, though. There you are condemning all who don't subscribe to the inherent peasantry - oops pageantry - that is British royalism as being "anti-British" and "living in the past" when you don't have as good a grasp of the Queen's English as the very people you condemn as being anti-British simply because they don't share your adulation for the British monarchy. By your own definition you must be "hypocritical". :rolleyes:

You do realise that you are just as stuck up and full of it as you insist the Royals are.

Honestly you need to pull your head out of your rear and come back to reality.

• Advertisement

do you think that the only true Irish people are those who would despise everything remotely British

You're clearly intent upon discrediting yourself by these cretinous and utterly fúcking retarded equations of "if you don't support the British monarchy like I do, you're anti-British". Goodbye.

Advertisement