Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just out of interest....if he doesn't like the new Mrs (say she farts in bed or something) can he behead her?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Didnt we used to broadcast episodes of friends? Didnt RTE turn down Father Ted all those years ago? Dont they over pay Gerry Ryan and Pat Kenny? You have such faith in such a clearly **** broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

i think everyone should boycott rte and not pay the licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Who's with me

ban discussion of the royal wedding in any form from this amazing forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

You do know that by posting this, you are, in fact, encouraging further discussion about said wedding.

AH Answer: Which royal wedding?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's insane how much coverage these things get. They'd drive ya to drink:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Starting from...............,,................... .... . ,.................. ........ ... . ... . .... . ..NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Funny how the word boycott comes from the Irish boycotting Captain Boycott, a British landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Well my invite still hasn't arrived,they can go fook themselves at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

What if one of the corgis needs the loo and Kate then steps in it?

Thats AH material.

The rest is ummmm ****e?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Who's with me

As we speak The Queens English as a mark if respect, a dedicated forum should be setup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got me the day off due to it.

Op... Yer nothing but a begrudger is all you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whether I'm home or not on Friday doesn't matter.

I just don't think that the national broadcaster should be covering an event that promotes foreign monarchies, simple as that.

It's a glorified celebrity wedding and don't see how it warrants national coverage.
    no its not as though anyone is interested in watching it ,except that two billion people around the world say otherwise,possbly it will attract the biggest TV audience this year,yet you do not think that irish people should be able to watch it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

murpho999 wrote: »
    I have just discovered that RTE are showing the Royal Wedding on Friday.

To be honest I am dismayed. Why are they covering the wedding of a foreign prince?

It has transpired that the BBC are offering coverage of the wedding to all EBU members for free.

Free programming to fill the schedules for a few hours.

Didnt RTE turn down Father Ted all those years ago?

No they did not turn it down. They were never offered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

TV3 are showing it as well.
    I don't know what all the fuss is about it being shown here tbh. I'm sure that plenty of the people complaining watch Corrie, Eastenders, X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Britains Got Talent, the Premiership etc.
    What interest is the wedding of a foreign prince? Well, we get all the same media here - celeb magazines, UK papers etc., so a lot of people will be interested. Also, all those people who were into Princess Di will be interested - and there were a lot of them here.
    I'm not all that interested in celeb stuff but if I'm near a tv I'll probably tune in to have a look, out of curiosity more than anything. It's not that often we get to see all the royals together after all. Does Prince Edward still exist? Will Prince Harry be hungover? Will Prince Philip offer some words of wisdom? Classic stuff:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Funny how the word boycott comes from the Irish boycotting Captain Boycott, a British landlord.

British land agent, poor man didn't even own the land was just doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Who's with me

Who cares:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Silence in the courtyard silence in the street...the biggest fool in Ireland is just about to speak...speak fool speak!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Who's with me

NO You are on you own. It will be like watching X factor with running commentary from us in AH. join in the fun you might enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

hondasam wrote: »
    NO You are on you own. It will be like watching X factor with running commentary from us in AH. join in the fun you might enjoy it.

Fool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Fool.

why am I a fool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Back on topic.

I for one wont, as I have a few weanlings to bring to the mart that day - I hear the prices are good at the moment, then drink the money in the pub and loose the rest on a game of aces high again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Royal Wedding HD 3D, press the RED button for 126 different camera angles.

I don't have a TV so I couldn't give a flying fùck. Slap on The Wind That Shakes The Barley to cheer you up, then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Silence in the courtyard silence in the street...the biggest fool in Ireland is just about to speak...speak fool speak!...

Haven't heard that since school. :)

i have a plan, just picture it now a few million irishmen and women gatecrashing the british royal wedding. now that would be worth putting on the telly, ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Looking to buy Royal Wedding memorabilia in Dublin, any ideas where?

LordSutch wrote: »
    Looking to buy Royal Wedding memorabilia in Dublin, any ideas where?

sinn fein shop on parnell sq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

And if they sold the stuff they could make a killing :D

Seriously though, I want to buy before Friday . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mosi wrote: »
    TV3 are showing it as well.
    I don't know what all the fuss is about it being shown here tbh. I'm sure that plenty of the people complaining watch Corrie, Eastenders, X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Britains Got Talent, the Premiership etc.
    What interest is the wedding of a foreign prince? Well, we get all the same media here - celeb magazines, UK papers etc., so a lot of people will be interested. Also, all those people who were into Princess Di will be interested - and there were a lot of them here.
    I'm not all that interested in celeb stuff but if I'm near a tv I'll probably tune in to have a look, out of curiosity more than anything. It's not that often we get to see all the royals together after all. Does Prince Edward still exist? Will Prince Harry be hungover? Will Prince Philip offer some words of wisdom? Classic stuff:D

TV3 is essentially a combination of ITV1, ITV2, and Channel 4 for people living in Ireland who dont get UK stations.

:D

and they're showing about 8 hours of coverage compared to RTEs 3 or 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

LordSutch wrote: »
    And if they sold the stuff they could make a killing :D

Seriously though, I want to buy before Friday . . .
    Would you not just buy that sh!te online?

Advertisement