Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I think you're looking for the "Buying dildos/vibrators thread"!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Jaysus, I wouldn't even watch me own wedding video so I'm sure as hell not gonna watch this one. I'm pretty sure there's paint drying somewhere that'll make more interesting viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Shows the power the English have had on the island. English language, native supporters of English clubs and now Irish people interested in the Royal wedding and many looking forward to it. Interesting times.

Not all of us, but unfortunately the majority, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Shows the power the English have had on the island. English language, native supporters of English clubs and now Irish people interested in the Royal wedding and many looking forward to it. Interesting times.

Jesus Keith, do you deliberately set out to wind people up? Is it your default position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

sorry I'm Irish I can only support Irish sport.

I love Man Utd and I ain't for changing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

u taking the p1ss here, another bleeding thread over this.

if u dont wanna know about it then why keep talking about it.

Its obvious who the gobsh1te here is, the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Can everybody please stop making threads telling everybody how little you care. You look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

hondasam wrote: »
    sorry I'm Irish I can only support Irish sport.

I love Man Utd and I ain't for changing.

Who says you cant support two teams? Man Unira on the weekends, local LOI team on the Friday.
    u taking the p1ss here, another bleeding thread over this.

if u dont wanna know about it then why keep talking about it.

Its obvious who the gobsh1te here is, the OP

G'way ya gicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Or RTE, or TV3..

Or ITV or Sky.

I thinks theres alot of people ranting and raving just to be heard, and would be very surprised if some of them did not tune in, even for a few minutes out of curiosty.

And then there are those amoung them who will tune in purely to find some thing to rant about to Joe later that day.

Either way, the viewing figures will be through the roof. The commerical networks will be making a killing on advertising revenue on friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Einhard wrote: »
    Jesus Keith, do you deliberately set out to wind people up? Is it your default position?
    Just interested in this fascinating thread Einhard. I hope you understand it is interesting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hondasam wrote: »
    you will have a sneaky look

man the fcuk the up and admit it or I'm not buying the book:D

I won't, I'll be on Redtube giving myself a 'sneaky finger' :D

And I know you'll buy the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

G'way ya gicker.

well ur the arse who brought it up, just to complain about it

kfallon wrote: »
    I won't, I'll be on Redtube giving myself a 'sneaky finger' :D

And I know you'll buy the book!

You will lose that finger one of these days :D:D

Who says you cant support two teams? Man Unira on the weekends, local LOI team on the Friday.

I dunno If I have a local team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

mmm Kate...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

irish-stew wrote: »
    Or ITV or Sky.

I thinks theres alot of people ranting and raving just to be heard, and would be very surprised if some of them did not tune in, even for a few minutes out of curiosty.

And then there are those amoung them who will tune in purely to find some thing to rant about to Joe later that day.

Either way, the viewing figures will be through the roof. The commerical networks will be making a killing on advertising revenue on friday.

Truth be known, I'll probably watch parts of it myself so I can rip the piss in the thread here. Marty Whelan is commentating on it so I'd expect there to be plenty of passive abuse aimed at the proceedings, just like he does for the Eurovision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I think many people do actually admire the Queen and the great things she has done in her life. I see many Irish people are praising her. Probably why RTE is showing it as it will get a big audience by royalists in the republic.

I think its nice to see how everyone is moving forward in that regard. Bar a few people against it, the majority seem to have a passion for this wedding and the royal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Truth be known, I'll probably watch parts of it myself so I can rip the piss in the thread here. Marty Whelan is commentating on it so I'd expect there to be plenty of passive abuse aimed at the proceedings, just like he does for the Eurovision.

Whose doing the TV3 commentry, or will it just be the usual ITV cameras and commentry for them?

I have no issue in admiting I'll be watching some of it my self. Would much rather the Beeb but will make do with RTE/TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

murpho999 wrote: »
    No I'm not saying that at all. As neighbours, who share a lot of history, of course there is some cultural over-lapping, especially as we share a language. However, we don't share a monarchy, and therefore I feel what is basically a glorified 'Hello' Magazine Celeb wedding with Tiara's and soldiers, it should not be shown on National TV here. For me it represents a real dumbing down of TV here.

So basically the soaps. premiership etc are in fact different, as I said?

And since when did it become a crime to be interested in British events if you're Irish?

Sorry, your degree, merited as I'm sure it is, merely proves your ability to learn.

Less of the patronizing crap please. I studied long and hard since I was a child to get to where I am and I won't accept anyone telling me anything less.
    However, I would doubt the intellect of someone who regards Royal weddings as important historical occasions that should be be witnessed by generations and reflected upon in years to come.

Well then it's lucky there such enlightened and intelligent indviduals such as yourself there to tell them how thick they are :rolleyes:

The prenteniousness and patronizing you display is staggering.
    Is the wedding of Di & Charlie up there with 9/11, fall of Berlin Wall & Communism, Obama's election etc as important things to be witnessed in recent history?

I believe so yes. Diana was an icon for so many people and Charles is the future King of England so yes it was an important moment.
    Maybe so in British culture but not for the vast majority of Irish people and that's why I don't think it should be covered live here.

How do you know? Have you conducted a survey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

I think many people do actually admire the Queen and the great things she has done in her life. I see many Irish people are praising her. Probably why RTE is showing it as it will get a big audience by royalists in the republic.

I think its nice to see how everyone is moving forward in that regard. Bar a few people against it, the majority seem to have a passion for this wedding and the royal family.

Big audience of royalists? Few against it?
    Are you sure your not talking about your loyalist neighborhood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

unhinged aye? nope just dispair at the state of humanity that will watch a wedding of someone theyve never met because theyve seen them in a magazine for achieving precisely f*ck all.

And who are you to judge them?

I suppose you only watch intellictually stimulating documenteries yourself?
    Exactly!

I can't abide watching sport, but it's everywhere on tv! They have a sports section in every newspaper and tv news bulletin and dedicate a huge amount of airtime to The Olympics and The World Cup.
    I could complain that my tv licence money is wasted on that sh!te, but I accept that others enjoy watching and following it.

This is one occasion and one occasion only. If people don't wish to watch, they can choose not to, just like I do when anything sports related comes on.

If only it were so easy to convince people of this.

Apparently many people just are capable of changing a channel or do something else when a programme they hate is on.
    theyre allowed to have that opinion and debate it too. I wouldnt take the west brit angle myself as it a stupid term

Of course but it's a pretenious and down right arrogant position to take thb.
    And I'm entitled to think that anyone who deems another person an intellectual inferior solely because they watch a few minutes, or even the whole programme, of the royal wedding, is a sanctimonious, pretentious fool. :D

And you'd be right.
    Not to you. There are some people who oppose the showing of the wedding, because it's too "low brow".

Actually, to tell the truth, I think most opposition to it is based on the old historical thing etc, and some are just dressing up their opposition in more pseudi-intellectual garb. I mean, who gives a sh!t what others watch in their spare time? And yet, some people seem to be having hernias over the whole thing!

I couldn't agree more but of course nobody will admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Be interesting to see what the official rating for the slot 10.30am - 1.30 pm is on RTE1. No doubt the papers will trumpted the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

No interest in the Queen or the royal family whatsoever and why should I? Plenty of people will watch the wedding, but personally I'll avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So being a royalist is, in your view 'moving forward'? I highly doubt that the majority you speak of would agree with that. Most people just find the whole thing engrossing because they are obsessed with the celebrity lifestyle thing.. not because they're passionate about the royal family. I'm sure a minority are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

I think many people do actually admire the Queen and the great things she has done in her life.

Just out of curiosity, what great things has she done?

Nothing springs immediately to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

So being a royalist is, in your view 'moving forward'? I highly doubt that the majority you speak of would agree with that. Most people just find the whole thing engrossing because they are obsessed with the celebrity lifestyle thing.. not because they're passionate about the royal family. I'm sure a minority are though.

75% of the Uk population support the monarchy. Hardly a minority! Stable support for the last 20 years or more. Many Irish have a philosophical objection to monarchies, but it isn't up to them!! At the same time many Irish have a genuine interest in the goings on of Ireland's nearest and most inportant neighbour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Ah, here, there is a huge difference between watching two young people getting married and praising the Queen.

In 40 years of my life I have never heard anyone say they admire the Queen and all the great things she has done in her life. I've met quite a few people in those 40 years.

I had a lot of respect for Princess Diana and all the great things she did in her life for various charities. I think she had a pretty **** life as was treated pretty bad by the Queen, most evident in the few days after her death. That's the only thing I remember the Queen doing.

I will watch some of the wedding (I'm working fri) out of curiosity also for the glitz and glam.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

To be honest, the only people watching this in ROI are going to be women who want to see what dress Kate is wearing and old people who would normally be watching Diagnosis Murder or The Virginian. RTÉ are spas, wouldn't expect any less from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Plumber gets Royal Wedding teeth tattoos

A plumber has spent £1,000 for teeth tattoos of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Baz Franks, 29, from Bristol spent six hours in the dentist's chair while portraits of the happy Royal couple-to-be were painstakingly added to his front teeth.

Dr Neil Gerrard, of the Clifton Dental Studio in Bristol, created the temporary designs on paper before painting them on by hand using stencils and ultra-fine brushes.

The temporary artwork will last for up to three months and can only be removed by hard brushing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

I cant fupping wait for the BIG day!

Sky news is broadcasting on it from 6:00 a.m.

It will be a howl..............Sky News interviewing everything from a dog walking down the street to a pigeon that poops on the wedding carriage!

All of Laaanndaan will be out for it!

My Check List:

1. Kate and Wills mug for mae tae

2. Laptop fully charged and logged in here

3. Doctors note written for work on Monday

Bring on the skit......................

Advertisement