Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

But the Union Jack looks nicer than the Tricolour.

As the saying goes, 'there's no accounting for taste'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

51 pages :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

I have to say, Central London looks beautiful with the union flag flying from just about every building at the moment. :o

We don't have a national day where we can fly our flag and show unity and national spirit like Ireland or the United States do. I think this occasion is as much about community as anything else to many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I have to say, Central London looks beautiful with the union flag flying from just about every building at the moment. :o

We don't have a national day where we can fly our flag and show unity and national spirit like Ireland or the United States do. I think this occasion is as much about community as anything else to many people.
    Its great looking. Proud to be British. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Because some of national symbols have been "hijacked" by certain groups for there own causes.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Because some of national symbols have been "hijacked" by certain groups for there own causes.:mad::mad:

It does seem to be changing though in recent years, with people taking things back from the tiny minority who hijacked it. Euro 96 was probably the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Like the Australian robbing the Union Jack - racist thugs.

Indeed. I would completely agree. Looks like they are being taken back now though. :)

Walking through town earlier I saw quite a few children of all ethnicities wearing hats or holding little union flags, generally having a good time and enjoying the buzz. Just as it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Mum would be so Proud"

A very poignant Sun front page. Poignant until you remember that they fucking killed her. Vomit-inducing thereafter.

RayM wrote: »
    "Mum would be so Proud"

A very poignant Sun front page. Poignant until you remember that they fucking killed her. Vomit-inducing thereafter.

tin foil hat time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Why is this important?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Up early to watch this, cant wait:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    51 pages :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

NOOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

They have been given the title of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Sounds a bit old for their age, I'm sure the press will refer to her as Princess Kate anyway.

First guests start to arrive.

London looks fabulous with all the flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

http://newsflavor.com/world/europe/the-royal-wedding-why-britain-shouldntdoesnt-care/

Why Britain doesn't/shouldn't care about the wedding..

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Can anyone tell me where the wedding can be watched online?sorry if a link has already been put up, cant see it in the last few pages of the thread though.

Can anyone tell me where the wedding can be watched online?sorry if a link has already been put up, cant see it in the last few pages of the thread though.

You can stream sky news from there website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Sibylla wrote: »
    They have been given the title of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

F*ck... I was angling for those titles. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

reckon huberman has a naggin in the bag to get her through this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Apologies if this was posted, haven't exactly been following the thread, but heard this and thought it was funny.

Audio here
    BBC wrote:

Radio phone-in caller expresses anger at royal wedding

A radio phone-in caller to BBC Three Counties radio, Melvin from Milton Keynes, expresses his anger at the coverage devoted to the royal wedding.

I hope someone plants a bomb and kills all the Royal family.

Mod note:user banned, welcome back - after the wedding.

Police and Security Services have been scouring the city for weeks to make sure no scumbags like yourself (although those with a bit of bottle I suppose) could do such a thing.

London looking amazing draped in the red, white and blue already. Will truly be a sight to behold when the household cavalry and the guards division are doing their thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Girls in the office all this week - "Ah sure who cares about it anyway, I'm not going to watch it. Only idiots with nothing better to do will watch it"

Girls in the office this morning - "Have you got flash on your computer? QUICK, GET ON TO THE RTE WEBSITE! OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER DRESS LULZ"

:rolleyes:

People in the crowd drinking wine:D

Police and Security Services have been scouring the city for weeks to make sure no scumbags like yourself (although those with a bit of bottle I suppose) could do such a thing.

London looking amazing draped in the red, white and blue already. Will truly be a sight to behold when the household cavalry and the guards division are doing their thing :D

Have they considered that someone might launch a scud missile from Scotland aimed directly at Westminster Abbey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You'd love Pyongyang so.

What's so amazing about Prince William anyway - he's loosing his hair for Thor's sake.

Also, has anyone noticed there are far to many gingers in the Royal family for comfort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Why would you think it's okay to say something like that? :rolleyes:

Advertisement