Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

5 bints foaming at the gash over a royal wedding, 2 0f them with stupid ****ing hats on

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

really enjoyed the wedding..and glad i sat down and watched it. my dad being english couldn't be bothered so it's not just the irish who dont care!!

i was surprised though to see it was on both rte and tv3...dont think it was necessary to show it on tv3 when all they did was stream itv which nearly all of us can get if we really wanted to watch them on free2air, sky and upc, not to mind bog standard terrestrial rabbit ears....

for the OP, whose post I read, there are some things in life that are going to happen that just dont interest you. turn off the tv. i've very little interest in GAA or hurling but it's still shown on the tv every single week. not madly comparable to one day of a wedding but it still doesn't interest me so why should i pay a licence to view it? your logic is flawed and a little juvenile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

god this show on tv3 is unreal, stupid dumb bitches.

Hey I warned you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I Turned on tv3 for 2 seconds and turned it off, and i puked all over the place.

warning if you turn it on, those dumb bitches will mess with you head

If I was interrogating somebody I'd force them to listen to Brunker's opinions on life. What a mong.

• Advertisement

OH **** TEH OLD BIDDIES ARE HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Holy crap are those women on Tv3 drunk ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

switched on TV3 for five minutes, terrible just like they are every other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

TV3 makes C5 look classy at this stage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I feel like I'm missing out in not having TV3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

robinph wrote: »

Can I have your tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Crosáidí wrote: »
    5 bints foaming at the gash over a royal wedding, 2 0f them with stupid ****ing hats on

The funny thing is, their growlers probably are twitching furiously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Crosáidí wrote: »

what? did they dress up just to watch it from a tv studio in a foreign country?

what tracks will the dj be spinning later

heres one for harry

Prince philip can go for a spot of stage diving and a good old mosh to this perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You missed Fronc from Brides of Fronc on before the big overgrown child in the party frock at the end came on - he was ooh-ing and aah-ing sat there with a two foot long silver lizard on his lapel.
    It's so bad I can't switch off! Trapped!
    The one in the black hat is pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just turned on TV3 to see what the fuss is. What has been seen cannot be unseen.....

The one in the middle has a nice pair though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

donfers wrote: »

Yup.
    And the worse thing is there are apparently loads of houses around the country where gatherings of zelebstruck women are doing the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

robinph wrote: »

consider yourself very lucky not to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

it all part of a conspiracy to soften up the irish for when their queen comes over,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

They sure did, hats and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

what fresh hell is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

There like - OOOO--www---ooo---yeah---llloo---ooooh look
    mmmmmm-jhmmmm-wwwoowow

dumb bimbos

There all drunk, what kind of person created this show???

RobitTV wrote: »
    There like - OOOO--www---ooo---yeah---llloo---ooooh look
    mmmmmm-jhmmmm-wwwoowow

dumb bimbos

There all drunk, what kind of person created this show???

I'm like what's that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

getz wrote: »
    i think a lot of irish citizen would have loved to be watching the royal wedding in london,after all,its a fairytale in real life ,its not often you see a prince getting married to a commoner,most little girls dreamed obout it happening to them,and i would have loved to seen more irish flags about,and as you said almost one third of us are proud of our irish ancestry,

I agree. I am also proud of my Irish ancestry, but I think today was about Britain. On an occasion like this I feel very proud to be from Britain and from London, because it was a celebration of British tradition and the celebrations now are about British communities up and down the country who are having a good time together.

There is a time and a place for Irish flags, St Patrick's day festival in Trafalgar Square being one of them, but today I don't see the relevance, seeing as the tricolour is the flag of a republic which left the kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

seamus wrote: »
    I don't see why it's a political issue though. I couldn't care less about desparate housewives, yet RTE still pay good money to bring it in and show it. Because there's demand.

Consider this just another piece of entertainment that others want to watch and you don't.

As our closest neighbour, we culturally have very strong ties with the UK. Indeed as a country 15 times our size (in population terms) and speaking the same language as us, it's only natural that we will passively import huge amounts of their culture and entertainment, including such mundane topics as the royal wedding and "what Cheryl Cole is wearing this week".

If you don't like it, ignore it. Simple.

I get what your saying, but I think your missing the point. If this was being broadcast on Sky 1, or any other english station, and we just happened to be picking it up here, that wouldnt be a problem, but the issue is Why are RTE, and TV3 airing live coverage of this irrelivent event? They have 3 hours coverage of it on RTE, and theres more william and kate BS on afterwards on TV3. This is not England, why are our national broadcasters airing stuff thats only relevent to people in another country??

On a side note, a serious question:

Are there really people in this country, that WANT to watch this wedding? (I only ask beacause RTE is a law unto itself, so just because the royal wedding is being aired doesnt necessarily mean people are sitting watching it.)

I get what your saying, but I think your missing the point. If this was being broadcast on Sky 1, or any other english station, and we just happened to be picking it up here, that wouldnt be a problem, but the issue is Why are RTE, and TV3 airing live coverage of this irrelivent event? They have 3 hours coverage of it on RTE, and theres more william and kate BS on afterwards on TV3. This is not England, why are our national broadcasters airing stuff thats only relevent to people in another country??

Are there really people in this country, that WANT to watch this wedding? (I only ask beacause RTE is a law unto itself, so just because the royal wedding is being aired doesnt necessarily mean people are sitting watching it.)

Why else do you think RTE are showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

on ITV uk,the royal couple have just driven out of the palace in a astinmartin with learner plates and bolloons on it,and just married on the back bumper plate,[harry up to his tricks] it was a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

What else do you think RTE should show on a Friday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Downlinz

getz wrote: »
    i think a lot of irish citizen would have loved to be watching the royal wedding in london,after all,its a fairytale in real life ,its not often you see a prince getting married to a commoner,most little girls dreamed obout it happening to them,and i would have loved to seen more irish flags about,and as you said almost one third of us are proud of our irish ancestry,

I don't think most people are proud of mass emmigration in their countries history tbh. Why should we celebrate people who fecked off to contribute to another country instead of their own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Ya, me for one.

Advertisement