Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

umm, having a friend from glasgow who educated me pretty well. Sporadic fights between people carrying union flags and people turning up for a bit of aggro.

Bottles being thrown and police everywhere. Funny how people who want to celebrate this occasion across the country can be left to do so peacefully by those who dont in every part of the country except glasgow isn't it?

Your 'friend' is very much mistaken. Hook line and sinker for you

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You got it. That is what i thought. Disgraceful scenes.

You thought and you are wrong

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

CNN have just been showing a verger doing cartwheels down the aisle after the ceremony.

Edit: just found it:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You thought and you are wrong
    So what happened then? Who started the riots? Was it Irish republicans in Glasgow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭I would ride myself cos im a sexy man

London Irish Kid

Take the Irish from your name. Your an insult to all proud Irish in London. Jog on to digital spy forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I had no interest in watching it and like many I was sick of hearing about the preparations but when I went to collect my Son this morning, my Sister was watching it and I got sucked in.. and I must say it did warm my heart just a little..

She was a beautiful bride and he looked amazing in his regalia.. all very romantic and I wish them the best of luck.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    So what happened then? Who started the riots? Was it Irish republicans in Glasgow?

Facebook announced party that was not applied for and permission was not given. It was a magnet for the neds to congregate and it kicked off when the police attempted to disperse them this evening.

Nothing to do with Celtic or Irish in Glasgow. It was down to neds who thought it would be a good idea to celebrate the day in Kelvingrove Park. LondonIrish90 of course is so far up the royal ass that (s)he would not contemplate that there are neds who support the royal family as well as the well behaved royalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Group on facebook
    "The awkward moment when 2 Billion people know your gonna get the ride tonight" :pac:

Soby wrote: »
    Group on facebook
    "The awkward moment when 2 Billion people know your gonna get the ride tonight" :pac:

They have been with each other 10 years, I am sure they have tried every position in the Karma Sutra before today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Was it just me that observed the forgotten,funniest Royal muttering something as he left the balcony? Cant beat Pip for a bit of craic! :v

Im not a lip reader,but can read minds...

Something like....FFS,here we go again.

For the record,I was quite moved by the whole thing.Strange as I dont consider myself as neither female,American,gay,christian,Royalist nor a particular believer in marriage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I wish Prince Phillip was my grandda that guy fecking ROCKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Nothing more boring than a wedding where you don't really know the people involved.

When they have sh*tloads of money, this will either make you more bored or more interested (if you like that kind of thing).

I'd definitely have watched it if Philip was allowed to talk. I presume he wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Can't wait till he says something inappropriate over here, he's gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Maybe he was saying:
    ' we may be one of the richest families in the world, but we still got British tax payers money to fit the bill for this pile of shïte, the cilly sunts!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Bet it was something racist :D

Everyone loves a racist grandad.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Typical Greek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Nobody has said up the ra yet and we're 9 posts in . . . :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Typical Greek.

what's another name for a greek tragedy?
    Piles.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

His speech at the wedding reception should be replayed at the Royal Variety for the craic.Set him up Beadle style,then smack him with a wee hand :pac: over the back of the head on camera sending Homers stray hairs asunder.Record the profanities and possible threats.Leak to the media.Guaranteed 16 mill audience.Christ.....I AM Simon Cowell!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Overall i enjoyed it

It made me smile, and everything was nice and positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

cesc77 wrote: »
    His speech at the wedding reception should be replayed at the Royal Variety for the craic.Set him up Beadle style,then smack him with a wee hand :pac: over the back of the head on camera sending Homers stray hairs asunder.Record the profanities and possible threats.Leak to the media.Guaranteed 16 mill audience.Christ.....I AM Simon Cowell!:)

yep the guy's a legend - google some of his quotes -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I wish Prince Phillip was my grandda that guy fecking ROCKS

+1

I really think he is cool. He comes across as someone who is jovial and ready to speak his mind at all times. While some of his comments have caused some controversies in the past, I havent heard of any major complaints.

He seems to be quite free-spirited , no wonder he looks good for a man that is 90 years old.

If you want to watch the entire wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Texhnician#p/u/3/2EIG9vvt-BQ

((He has only uploaded 4 out of 39 parts so far, but he is uploading them fast))

Sad fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be Queen, just like Diana and Fergie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Queen Consort, no power just the title, if will dies as king, she aint in charge

walshb wrote: »
    Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be queen, just like Diana and Fegie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

i think prince charles is next to be king, but i faught camilla would be the next queen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be queen, just like Diana and Fegie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

Don't think so, when William is next in line she will become Queen Consort i think with him being the Crown Prince

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be Queen, just like Diana and Fegie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

She'll be the Queen consort. William will be the actual sovereign but Kate will be the Queen.

Advertisement