Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Kunle wrote: »
    I was disgusted to read today that RTE ONE Television will have live coverage the royal wedding, Why are they doing this? Would they cover a royal wedding in Norway? What have those brits who were born with a sliver spoon in their mouth got to do with us? Why would us Irish want to watch that trash?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This is the era of celebrity and like it or not this is about the only time the ordinary folk get to see a celebrity wedding live and don't have to wait for the next issue of OK magazine.
    Personally I couldn't care less and for that reason won't be watching it,no politics or any grand anti royalty gesture just not bothered with that kind of stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany...

I want to be on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can buy commemorative tea towels or plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I think her point is get over the hatedred of all things English.

That's exactly it and that poster knows it really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So there is a royal wedding.
    So it's on Rte.
    So what?
    Seriously - if you want to watch it, watch it. If not, then don't. Simples!
    Is there a highlights programme in the evening?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dionysus wrote: »
    If that's the case, her equation of objections to RTÉ covering a British royal wedding being the same as hating the English is obtuse in the extreme. So obviously retarded, in fact.

That you thanked it isn't looking well for you either, it must be said.

First off, a typo is easy, don't go down that road.

She was making the point that being so bloody anti-British Monarchy, it's not a wonder arseholes are starting a bombing campaign back in the north.

Get over yourself, and stop trying to be a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    So there is a royal wedding.
    So it's on Rte.
    So what?
    Seriously - if you want to watch it, watch it. If not, then don't. Simples!
    Is there a highlights programme in the evening?:D
    It should be on the RTÉ Player.
    I'll be glued to the screen.
    Has to be better than the usual crap they show.

Hey! Someone might be assassinated. That would be fun to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Harry is also a dead ringer for Diana's brother. Although I'm sure people will claim she was riding him as well.

Logic Vole finds this statement to have veracity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pauleta wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can buy commemorative tea towels or plates?
    Ah in fairness, who'd want those? Obviously you're trying to rile "the looney left" but ya gotta be more subtle. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The fact that theres such a thing as royalty in 2011 is absurd enough. The fact that some Irish people have an interest in royal weddings is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    The fact that theres such a thing as royalty in 2011 is absurd enough. The fact that some Irish people have an interest in royal weddings is beyond me.
    More the glamour and "celeb" factor I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

never ceases to amaze me that people are stupefied at the fact that all human beings are different (you see what i did there ?)

I really want to troll that comment, but I don't want to get banned. Also, I can't be arsed. It's just far too easy.

Here's the deal. Some people are interested. You're not.

Don't want to watch it? You have the option of watching at least 3 other channels.

Don't want your tv licence money going on that?
    Hey, it could be worse. Could be Gerry Ryan snorting it. Bam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I believe RTE are also showing the Popes Easter message this year.

Now I could get on my Atheist High Horse and go on a AH rabble-rabblesque rant (with extra Godwin sauce) about Paedophiles and Nazis and whateveryerhavingyerself

Or I could just ignore it completely and not begrudge the five people who actually watch the damn thing whatever it is they get out of it seeing as how there are bigger battles to be fought elsewhere.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It's all about ratings. The Royal wedding will most likely do bigger numbers than anything else in that time slot.

That's because it will be on every channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I think RTE deserve to be applauded for this. Many good Orange men in the republic will be wanting to watch this as they are royalists and its nice to see RTE are showing equality and fairness.

If Mary McAleese/Barack Obama/Nicolas Sarkozy/etc were to pay a visit to London/Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Brussels/Stockholm/etc how big would the crowds of Royalist protesters likely to be ?

That's because it will be on every channel.

TG4 ?

Terry wrote: »
    Here's the deal. Some people are interested. You're not.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. You must be very perceptive.

First off, a typo is easy, don't go down that road.

She was making the point that being so bloody anti-British Monarchy, it's not a wonder arseholes are starting a bombing campaign back in the north.

Get over yourself, and stop trying to be a smart arse.

Indeed and I was also saying that it's ironic how many of the people spouting anti-british rubbish have propbably done at least one of the things I mentioned.

You don't have to want to watch the wedding of course, but that stuck-in-the-past attitude isn't an excuse.

• Advertisement

Pwindedd wrote: »
    never ceases to amaze me that people are stupefied at the fact that all human beings are different (you see what i did there ?)

No, I'm not very perceptive. Terry has to help me out by stating the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I won't have to put up with that crap as I don't watch the idiotbox. adds adds and more adds plus this junk being aired by RTE (rotton trator egits).

More pragmatic than perceptive, but you're welcome anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You could have quoted his full post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

My TV allows me to change channels.

You could have quoted his full post.
    Yes that was also an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You do know there is people who live in the Irish republic that aren't Irish or republicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You do know there is people who live in the Irish republic that aren't Irish or republicans?

I normally take exception to most of KeithAFC's posts, but he has a point on this one.

I normally take exception to most of KeithAFC's posts, but he has a point on this one.

Shame about the grammar :pac:

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »

This +100.

Apparently some people don't or won't see this.

Advertisement