Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Height Discrimination

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Have only just realised how old this thread is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Sshhhhh. Don't wake the zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Sshhhhh. Don't wake the zombies.

Do they have a quota as well ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Laneyh wrote: »
    I've noticed that women being paid less than men is in the media a lot.

What I want to know is, why don't they have headlines in the newspapers saying things like "tall people still earn 30 percent more than short people".

Why is gender discrimination so special?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200310/tall-people-get-paid-more

If there are quotas for women ( which is ludicrous) why shouldn't there be quotas for short people?

You could say short people are being discriminated against compared to women.

It's in the media because it actually happens unless there is statistical evidence that short people are paid less than tall people why would it be mentioned ?

Likewise fat vs thin people , Bald vs people with hair

Are there gender quotas in most workplaces in Ireland ? That is news to me.
    Good news mind as I am a short woman so I could be totally unqualified but still get the job ..result

Google it, there's plenty of evidence short people are paid less than tall people. Of course correlation doesn't imply causation but the same can be said for gender pay gaps yet we still hear about the gender pay gap but not the height pay gap.

Then there's also the testosterone pay gap, those with more testosterone are paid more than those with less.

Hold on, has anyone ever thought maybe women don't get paid less because they are women, maybe it's because they have less testosterone and less drive. Maybe having less testosterone makes you less likely to ask for a raise for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I going to sue the company that doesn't hire me with some discrimination claim as I am an average white male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I've noticed that women being paid less than men is in the media a lot.QUOTE]

Well they do say a womans work is never done so I would imagine that has something to do with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

I've noticed that women being paid less than men is in the media a lot.

What I want to know is, why don't they have headlines in the newspapers saying things like "tall people still earn 30 percent more than short people".

Why is gender discrimination so special?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200310/tall-people-get-paid-more

If there are quotas for women ( which is ludicrous) why shouldn't there be quotas for short people?

You could say short people are being discriminated against compared to women.

yeah cause it's not as if they will ever be 50/50. one percentage will always be higher than the other, it doesn't mean it's discriminatory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Even the Guards don't enforce a minimum height anymore, JAT !

Advertisement