Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer job or work experience in the energy sector

Options
  • 18-04-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am a third level student in G.M.I.T and I am currently studying energy engineering. I am just finishing up my second year and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how one would go about looking for a degree related job for the summer period or even a few weeks unpaid work experience just to get some experience in industry.

I have taken the key fundamental modules of mechanical engineering and I have also covered modules on electrical power systems and circuits along with modules on different energy technology's and installations i.e. water heating through use of solar collectors and generation of electricity through use of photo-voltaic systems. Furthermore to this we have also looked in-depth at wind turbines and covered heat pumps and their applications.

If anyone has any suggestions please comment below and if anyone has any recommendations of companies to apply for please p.m. me.

Yours thankfully, Paul.

Comments

Advertisement