Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb scare Dun Laoghaire - lunch monday 18th April

Options
  • 18-04-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Anyone have more information on this ? Seems to be centred around purty kitchen direction/Monkstown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243058

AH covering it, bit more info

On the DART line, line closed from DL to Lansdowne

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I have it from a source that it was a pipebomb placed under the track. It was "viable" (i.e. not a fake) and a telephone warning was made.

Presume this will be confirmed in the news later.

No idea who planted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I have it from a source that it was a pipebomb placed under the track. It was "viable" (i.e. not a fake) and a telephone warning was made.

Presume this will be confirmed in the news later.

No idea who planted it.

Have heard different things, also that it was an unexploded shell. Ze germans did drop a few bombs in the region during the war but a pipe bomb sounds more likely really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I know from someone else in the area that the army bomb disposal robot removed or de-armed what ever it was. It twernt no pizza box, that for sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

272641_1.jpg?ts=1303142447?ts=1303142447

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0418/breaking36.html

Dart services have returned to normal after a security alert forced the closure of the line between Lansdowne Road and Dalkey in south Dublin earlier today.

A suspect device was found on or near the rail line at the old Dún Laoghaire Road before mid-day. Gardaí were called and an Army EOD team were called in.

The line was re-opened at 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Has happended twice now. Being reported that was for a pick-up and not for actual harm. I don't believe that one bit and I beleive the anti is being upped before the Aul Wan across the water comes over!

Advertisement