Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this billboard?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all, I'm trying locate this billboard:
    206371_10150256436698294_92630898293_9123428_1215535_n.jpg
    It should be located in or around Galway city. I drove around the weekend before last, but couldn't find it anywhere.
    If you come across it in your travels please let me know where it is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Did you take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

That wouldnt be the one at the monagesha lights would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bantaman

@TheCosmicFrog: I did! So I'd like to see it if it's still up!

@fend: I've no idea - I'm hoping to have a good look around for it again at the weekend. I'll check it out, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

There's one on the coast road between Oranmore and Galway..

daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

OP; tell the truth; did you really use an N*?

If so, how did you manage to keep it working for long enough to take the picture???

And was it any good at taking pictures of racing cars in Ballyvaughan yesterday?

• Advertisement

@daithi1970: Thanks - I'll have a look!

@Fey!: Should've known you'd be on here!! Yep, it really was taken on an N8. I must say, it makes a decent camera - I was impressed with it. Ye did very well yesterday to get the three runs in despite the late start! I was sick I wasn't driving - I love that hill. It has to be the finest bit of tar in the country. Said hi at one stage but you were under pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

Might be sticking my nose in but cant help wondering .Why?:confused:

@Miss_F: Do you mean why do I want to know where the billboard is? Because I can't find it, I've never had a photo on a billboard before, so I would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

Sorry didn't relies you took the picture, fair play course you'd like to find will keep an eye out for it. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

bantaman wrote: »
    @TheCosmicFrog: I did! So I'd like to see it if it's still up!

@fend: I've no idea - I'm hoping to have a good look around for it again at the weekend. I'll check it out, thanks.

Hi,
    congrads on it. Can I ask how you were approaced to take the pics (a marketing company I know, but how did the choose/find out about you), just curious.
    Do you have more of the pics that you took uploaded somewhere that we can see?

I've read and followed Ronan Palliser who took the Cork photos.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think i saw it on a bus shelter on the road at the back of Briarhill Dunnes.
    The road that leads down to the NCT centre.
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Miss_F wrote: »
    Sorry didn't relies you took the picture, fair play course you'd like to find will keep an eye out for it. . .
    top class "replying before reading thread" response

@amiable: thanks for that, I'll have a look.

@dineenp: Stephen, who covered Dublin, passed my details to the PR company. Some of the other photos are available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Bantaman; if I see it I'll send you a photo of it!

I saw you dad at the weekend, but didn't spot yourself. As for pressure, I was too busy doing the barbeque!

Great picture by the way.

I guess I must've missed it - I still can't find it anywhere. Thanks for all the tips anyway!

@Fey!: Thanks for that! Didn't see any BBQs around on Sunday morning! :)

Advertisement