Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flower Displays in/around Drogheda?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 2:55pm

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any floral displays about the place?

Was cycling past the bottom of the Grove Hill and seen the flowers, so decided to stop and take the camera out.

This was two or three days ago. Stopped at it again today, with a better idea of what I was looking for photo-wise, and snapped a few more.

Quite happy with how one or two of them turned out, I'd like to try getting shots of a few more, but I'm a bit stumped as to where to go. I'm looking for wide enough areas of flowers, at least a couple of feet wide in each direction.

I've seen flower baskets outside one of the churches on the town (across from Paddy Dwyer's shoe shop) but photos of them are crap as the background is a concrete wall and really takes away from the image (whereas at the grove the background is other flowers, so it's nice and colourful).

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas at all?

Here's one of the shots, by the way, to give an idea what I'm looking for;

ob7p72352.jpg

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

They seem to have made a new big flower bed in the green area just beside the Butter Gate, no flowers there as yet though, so that might be worth keeping an eye out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

Nice sharp crisp photo with plenty of detail on the subject and lovely creamy DOFd background. Beautiful.

They seem to have made a new big flower bed in the green area just beside the Butter Gate, no flowers there as yet though, so that might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Not entirely sure I know it. Shall have to take a look during the week and see. Hopefully you're right though (and they get a move on, as I'd rather be able to photograph them in the nice weather).

positron wrote: »
    Nice sharp crisp photo with plenty of detail on the subject and lovely creamy DOFd background. Beautiful.

Thank you Positron :)

Advertisement