Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an Irish TV set work in Australia?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello, i'm going to be moving to Australia and i'm wondering if I bring my television from Ireland , will it work in Australia? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/tv.php

I'm guessing you have a very good tv if you want to pay a couple of hundred quid shipping (as new TVs are pretty cheap)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2010jc

thanks for that. its a decent TV (i wouldn't say very good!), but i probably will be shipping some stuff anyway so i'll check how much that costs first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

it should and if it does not a digital box for 100 should get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

brother emigrated 18mths ago and brought 2 50" tv's over with him he just changed the plug and they worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,352 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Australian TVs are PAL just like europr, so work fine. change plug or adapter. Personally I'd seel them at home and buy a new one here. Shippign a big TC is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2010jc

Thanks everyone. I suppose I'll check the shipping costs and see if it's worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Well if you are shipping all your other stuff then bring it. We had a container and brought our 4 tv's. They all work but the older one (about 10 years old) will only pick up channel 7, 9, 10, abc, sbs and tvs on the anologue service but the others pick up all the channels on the digital service, i tuned them to belgium (???) settings as i couldn't pick up channell 11 and gem but then i could. (i read that somewhere on the internet????)
    like the lads said just change the plugs or use an adaptor. bring a few 4 gang extensions, we did and they were the best things we brought.

Advertisement