Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Health & Fitness

Options
  • 18-04-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I appear to have been banned from the Health & Fitness forum for personal abuse. No personal abuse has occured and the mod in question has taken an unreasonable action of banning me for one month.

Please review.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Given that I was the one who banned Killme00 this should probably go straight to an Admin.

The thread in question is here and came about as a result of this thread.

The PM conversation that followed is here:
    g'em wrote:
    I saw that.

If an Admin would like to overturn the ban then that's their perogative but I won't be reducing it. You referred to the Mods on thread as Nazi's then went out of your way to start an inflammatory and argumetnative thread naming me alongside my co-Mods and told us to take our thumbs out of our asses.

This is all besides the fact that you completely misinterpreted the reasons why the thread was closed in the first place and instead of querying it you went off on a crusade.

You may want to put up a link tot he threads in question in your DRP thread btw, and copy in all these PMs.
    Killme00 wrote:
    I think your actions in this case are pretty excessive and not moderate at all. I also think the ban (1 month) is extremely excessive if it was warranted. I have open a thread in dispute resolution so perhaps we can review and resolve any misunderstanding?
    g'em wrote:
    Had you come to me personally to express your views then I could have considered them. You've been around on the forums long enough to know that the tactic you took was not conducive to a healthy discussion.

Killme00 wrote:
    I named you personally in my post as the most active (in my opinion) moderator and cmod in the fitness forum. There is nothing spectatucist or personally offensive about my post and if you think there is you should take another look without your inherent bias (somewhat perceived).

I'm amazed as to what you class as personal abuse in this case.
    g'em wrote:
    You named me personally in your post and referred to the Mods in another.

I'm amazed you're arguing that it wasn't personal abuse.
    Killme00 wrote:
    Is it correct that you've decided to apply a ban for personal abuse when none occured? Nicely done.
    g'em wrote:
    Nothing will be withdrawn.

You're more than welcome to take this to the Dispute Resolution forum if you'd like an Admin to review it.
    Killme00 wrote:
    So what you are saying is that there was no personal abuse? Telling a group of people to pull there thumb out of there asses isnt personal abuse and is more akin to telling someone to cop on, which is something you should really do in this case.

Also, i didnt refer to anyone in particular as a nazi so perhaps you should withdraw that too?
    g'em wrote:
    Starting a thread specifically to tell the Mods to pull their thumbs out of their ass?

You need that explained?

And this is on top of referring to the Mods as Nazi's on the IP thread?

Killme00 wrote:
    Please advise on the nature and evidence of this so called personal abuse.
    g'em wrote:
    Hi Killme00,

You have been banned from Health & Fitness for the following duration:

1 Month(s)

for the following reason:

personal abuse

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 1 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I've been discussing this by PM with Killme00 and I'm willing to reducing the ban to a week on the agreement that this kind of thing doesn't happen again - any problems with a thread can be talked about in PMs.

This can be marked resolved, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Cool, thanks. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement