Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane

• 18-04-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭

Talking to someone about the time Roy keane was celebrating a goal (or a win) with fellow united players and i think Darren fletcher tried to join in and keane pushes him and refuses to let him join in. Is this my imagination? i've searched google and cant find a thingmad.gif

Anyone ever remember this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who the hell is Roy Keane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I can't remember that but I do remember we were 3-0 up against a **** European side and we got a penalty and Forlan wanted to take it to get off the mark and Keane shocked out and insisted Van Nistelrooy take it.

Typical Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

inb4traitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Who the hell is Darren Fletcher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Des wrote: »
    inb4traitor
    ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who the hell is Roy Keane?

roy-keane_1495228c.jpg

See, you've angrered him. This better not happen again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Arsenal need a player like that imo. No way they'd throw away so many leads if they had someone to answer to on the field. United a bit this season too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fn03znjmCA
    Looks like keane is'nt the only one that hates Fletcher:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Sorry i don't remember that.

Maybe someone else has seen this. I think it was the 2002 - 2003 season when Bolton stayed up, just...in fact it went right down to the last day. It was between Bolton and West Ham. SSN had a reporter in some boozer filled with Bolton supporters and same for the West Ham supporters. At the end of the game the pub filled with the Bolton fans was obviously electric and the reporter was talking to some of the fans. He was speaking to one guy in particular and he was saying how he was ready to wreck the place if they didn't stay up but the best bit was he was sucking on a chuppa chump. When the reporter was speaking to him he had it in his mouth but when he was talking to the reporter he stuck the lollipop up his nose. Just somewhere to hold it while he spoke. He was a fat baldy fella that looked like something right out of right said fred.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Dun laoire wrote: »

Maybe someone else has seen this. I think it was the 2002 - 2003 season when Bolton stayed up, just...in fact it went right down to the last day. It was between Bolton and West Ham. SSN had a reporter in some boozer filled with Bolton supporters and same for the West Ham supporters. At the end of the game the pub filled with the Bolton fans was obviously electric and the reporter was talking to some of the fans. He was speaking to one guy in particular and he was saying how he was ready to wreck the place if they didn't stay up but the best bit was he was sucking on a chuppa chump. When the reporter was speaking to him he had it in his mouth but when he was talking to the reporter he stuck the lollipop up his nose. Just somewhere to hold it while he spoke. He was a fat baldy fella that looked like something right out of right said fred.

Anyone?

And that has got what to do with Roy Keane or players being pushed away trying to celebrate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Talking to someone about the time Roy keane was celebrating a goal (or a win) with fellow united players and i think Darren fletcher tried to join in and keane pushes him and refuses to let him join in. Is this my imagination? i've searched google and cant find a thingmad.gif

I dont remember this particular incident but was it a big deal? Maybe they had just equalised and Keane wanted everyone to get back in position to go for the winner. Or maybe he just wanted everyone to stay focussed and not get carried away.

Its fairly common for scorers to push other players away after scoring, dont know why though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Anyone got the latest on Triggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I can confirm this did actually happen. I remember it. They went celebrating off the right wing, and Keane pushed Fletcher away and continued celebrating. Fletcher was just standing there like he didnt know where he was. I remember thinking what a cnut Keane was.
    I think the reason for it was Fletcher ****ed up and made some mistake so Keane decided to take it upon himself to punsih Fletcher.

But yeah, I defo remember this happening, OP.

I dont remember this particular incident but was it a big deal? Maybe they had just equalised and Keane wanted everyone to get back in position to go for the winner. Or maybe he just wanted everyone to stay focussed and not get carried away.

Its fairly common for scorers to push other players away after scoring, dont know why though.

As the guy above says it did happen. It wasnt just a push away "get back to your position" it was Fu@k off you are not celebrating this goal with us" A big deal wasnt made of it at the time- but there was an email with a sequence of pictures doing the rounds.

i was just trying to clarify it happened. as i cant find any proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The Muppet wrote: »

Still dead afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

did Triggs not die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Des wrote: »
    did Triggs not die?

I believe stories of his demise were premature , last I heard he was hanging in there.

I believe stories of his demise were premature , last I heard he was hanging in there.

I Think you're right- Keane likes his dogs to show a fighting spirit:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I can't remember that but I do remember we were 3-0 up against a **** European side and we got a penalty and Forlan wanted to take it to get off the mark and Keane shocked out and insisted Van Nistelrooy take it.

Typical Keane.

And he was dead right, van nistelrooy was our designated penalty taker, and he was just being professional

Far from hanging in there, I hear him and his Master are in OZ sunning themselves on the beach, now theres an image

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dun laoire wrote: »

Anyone?

23jfwc6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Remember Bergkamp scoring years ago and Francis Jeffers came to congratulate him,
    Jeffers pretty much got told to fuck off.

It was a good day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

R.I.P Triggs

Yakult wrote: »
    R.I.P Triggs

he died?:eek:

I heard keane saying he was ok recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Typical Keane.

Not surprising that he was a failure as a manager if he behaved like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I can confirm this did actually happen. I remember it. They went celebrating off the right wing, and Keane pushed Fletcher away and continued celebrating. Fletcher was just standing there like he didnt know where he was. I remember thinking what a cnut Keane was.
    I think the reason for it was Fletcher ****ed up and made some mistake so Keane decided to take it upon himself to punsih Fletcher.

But yeah, I defo remember this happening, OP.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but may be topical given the Keane v Vieira documentary last night....

I remember this incident very well also. In the lead up to the goal, Keane was looking for the ball off Fletcher. Fletcher didn't pass to him and ended up being disposessed. Somehow the ball found its way to another Utd player and the goal was scored. Keane joined in on the goal celebration and when Fletcher came to join also, Keane pushed him away.

Can't find the Youtube clip anymore. But when Fletcher says Keane gave him a hard time, you better believe it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Zooooooombie thread

But seeing as it was dug up, it was away to West Brom in the 2004/05 season when this happened. United won 0-3 I think.

I was confused there until someone said it was a zombie thread!

Closed accounts all over the place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement