Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with broadband..

Options
  • 18-04-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Had our netopia router replaced about a year ago with a newer version after previous problems with it and been having continuous problems on a daily basis with connection failures. Sometimes the wireless in the house is low signal, sometimes it completely disconnects altogether.

Also ran a speedtest today and ping was 122ms which I'm told is rather slow (rating 2.2/5)

Wondering anyone suffer any similar problems with eircom broadband and any tips as to a resolution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Anyone?

Hi Roger Marbles,

Is your wireless problem with all your devices, ie: laptop, gaming exc..?

Can you PM your tel no: I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Had our netopia router replaced about a year ago with a newer version after previous problems with it and been having continuous problems on a daily basis with connection failures. Sometimes the wireless in the house is low signal, sometimes it completely disconnects altogether.

Also ran a speedtest today and ping was 122ms which I'm told is rather slow (rating 2.2/5)

Wondering anyone suffer any similar problems with eircom broadband and any tips as to a resolution?

Roger Marbles,

Thans for sending on your details I will look onto it and get back to you with an update in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Bump.

Hi Roger Marbles
    sorry for delay in replying here.. I am unable to get any test result as it appears the modem is down..
    I suggest that you give our tech support team a call on 1890260260 and have them test this. Please ensure you are connected via ethernet cable and into main phone socket before calling as this allows us test modem as well as connection. However advise them that the issue you have experiencied have been when connected via wireless.
    If you have any further query let me know. You should recieve a fault ref no. when you log this issue, if you PM that ref no. I can chase issue for you.
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement