Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options
  • 18-04-2011 4:16pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

FROM MARK, TOM AND TRAVIS: It is with heavy hearts that we have to announce our planned 2011 European Summer tour has been rescheduled. When we booked the tour last year, we were confident that we would have the new album out before the Summer. Turns out wewere mistaken as the album is taking longer than we thought and won't be outtill later this year. We hoped we wouldhave some new songs to play rather than do another 'greatest hits tour' whichyou all saw last Summer. As much as weknow our fans would be cool with that, we feel that we owe you guys somethingnew when you spend your money to come see us. Frankly, it's what needs tocontinue for us to remain vital. Thethree of us are working very hard to do what we set out to do when were-formed...get a new blink-182 album recorded. Apologies to all of our fans who have bought tickets and were lookingforward to the Summer shows but we'll be back soon with the rescheduled datesin Summer 2012, have a new album out and be able to play new songs for you all.Thanks for all of the continued support and understanding. The rescheduled dates are on our website (www.blink182.com) and are listed below.

NEW UK/IRISH DATES ADDED: Onsale date is Thursday 21st April 2011

For those of you whohoped to see the us at Oxegen and T In The Park festivals this year, we're verysorry that we won’t be there as we were looking forward to playing them somuch. However, we’ve added Dublin,Belfast and Glasgow arena dates listed below onto next summer’s tour so we cansee our Irish and Scottish fans.

Tuesday 12 June, 2012 - Dublin, o20818 719300 www.ticketmaster.ie

Wednesday 13 June 2012 - BelfastOdyssey Arena - 028 9073 9074/084427774455 www.ticketmaster.ie

Wednesday 20 June 2012 -Glasgow SECC - 0844 4999 990 / gigsinscotland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

tbh while I was looking forward to seeing Blink at Oxegen I would way prefer to see them when they have a new album out so they can play some new songs. So I'm satisfied with their decision to move the tour to 2012 and a gig in The O2 is fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The idea of tickets going on sale almost a year and a half in advance baffles me though. Just seems like a long wait =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

With spelling like that it's no surprise they can't finish an album in time!

This is great news for me though.
    Wasn't willing to stomach the tripe at Oxegen just to see Blink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just saw this. There's a presale on the MCD facebook tomorrow morning at 9am.

Only noticed that it's next year. Oh well, I'm still going. They were great in the o2 last August so I can't wait for their new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Huh! I was looking forward to seeing them play at Oxegen :( but whatever I can see them more intimately now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Slap bang in the middle of my Leaving Cert. Fúck sake.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not an iota of interest in this to be honest, I enjoyed them last August but I wouldn't go see them again, not at their own show.

You Me At Six WONT be supporting anyway, they just ruled it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fcukin ridiculous how tickets are on sale this week, at a few days notice, for a gig over 14 months away.

I won't be buying for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I plan on going to both. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im delighted they waited rather than doing another greatest hits tour !!!

its mad to think its almost a year and a half away man i dont even know weather ill still be alive or here next year so i dont know weather to get them !!!! i think i ight go see both shows in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The idea of tickets going on sale almost a year and a half in advance baffles me though. Just seems like a long wait =/

This really annoys me too. And I cant think of any other reason for it than the money sits in an account accruing interest before ticket sales proceeds are divided up.

Guys there's no conspiracy. The tour was rescheduled to coincide with the festivals that the band are instead playing in 2012... that's why they were postponed to the summer of next year.

Yes they could have done a tour of their arena gigs earlier and returned to play the festivals at a later stage but considering Travis' understandable aversion to flying these days it's not that simple.

Anyone else notice how none of these Tour dates are on the potential dates of Oxegen 2012? And they are in the UK midweek for Arena shows . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone else notice how none of these Tour dates are on the potential dates of Oxegen 2012? And they are in the UK midweek for Arena shows . . . .

Not impossible, but they'll be playing twice in Ireland 3 weeks before Oxegen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea they will do the O2 show and then do Oxegen obviously when they are announcing acts for Oxegen 2012 their gig will have sold out anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

maximoose wrote: »
    This really annoys me too. And I cant think of any other reason for it than the money sits in an account accruing interest before ticket sales proceeds are divided up.

its because their tour was pulled this summer, so the original tickets are still valid, loads of bands have done it in the past

Very happy with this, would prefer to see them in the o2 than at oxegen, and would prefer to hear new songs. not that the last o2 gig was bad or anything!

Apparently the pre-sale has sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Why not just do Oxegen also as advertised :rolleyes: You are meant to perform a "Greatest Hits" set at the big festivals, nobody wanted them to do new songs there anyway. fair enough cancelling their own headline shows, but its poor from them to cancel Oxegen after the people have already paid, Pricks :rolleyes:

johnn wrote: »
    Why not just do Oxegen also as advertised :rolleyes: You are meant to perform a "Greatest Hits" set at the big festivals, nobody wanted them to do new songs there anyway. fair enough cancelling their own headline shows, but its poor from them to cancel Oxegen after the people have already paid, Pricks :rolleyes:

Would have been difficult to justify only playing festivals (they weren't playing that many anyway) though I think this tour cancellation should have been announced months ago. All we got word of was that extremely ambiguous Oxegen omission in March.

Releasing an album takes months of preparation so to announce this two months before the start of the tour just piles on the frustration for those looking forward to seeing them, and it could have been avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Would have been difficult to justify only playing festivals (they weren't playing that many anyway) though I think this tour cancellation should have been announced months ago. All we got word of was that extremely ambiguous Oxegen omission in March.

Releasing an album takes months of preparation so to announce this two months before the start of the tour just piles on the frustration for those looking forward to seeing them, and it could have been avoided.

so its agreed they're pricks?

:rolleyes:

No.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They will do Oxegen next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Tenks wrote: »
    Apparently the pre-sale has sold out?
    The O2 one has. There's still standing left at blink's site :)
    http://uktickets.blink182.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Really? I bought standing ones for the o2 about an hour ago.

im still getting standing tickets up on ticket master

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

baz2009 wrote: »
    Slap bang in the middle of my Leaving Cert. Fúck sake.:mad:

Me too,:mad: And they're last gig was the night before our first day in 5th year...they have some weird timing...

I think its on the night of the Maths and Irish exams and before the French and History exams...:mad:

Still going though!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Me too,:mad: And they're last gig was the night before our first day in 5th year...they have some weird timing...

Haha ah I went anyway! =P

They will do Oxegen next year

Oxegen are unlikely to book headliners that are playing two big shows in Ireland a few weeks beforehand!

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Slap bang in the middle of my Leaving Cert. Fúck sake. :mad:

That actually is very poor timing because it will cut a significant portion of their late teen fanbase (which--going by their last gig here--is pretty big).

I remember I was super pissed when Weezer were booked for Vicar Street around the Leaving Cert period the year I did mine. Luckily they came back a few months later to play The Point (though to have seen them in Vicar Street would have been awesome).

Advertisement