Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Just watched some videos on youtube. Feels like such a blur to be honest, probably cause I was just in awe. One thing that did stand out though was the fact EVERYONE knew the words to I Miss You, and just belted it out as loud as possible. Felt so special.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mr.S wrote: »
    I had a look for it at the merch booths but couldn't see it :(

Anyone got a pic?

I picked up one myself, it has a characterised pint of guinness and the rabbit riding on top of it.
    I'm really glad i got it because the print looked normal when it was looking at it on the wall but when you have it close you can feel its definitely not a standard print.
    Was wondering if anyone who got one knows what that kind of thing is.

It was on the far left at the booth behind the sound desk. Kinda hard to notice tucked under the flag.
    Anyone spot the shirts the sellers were wearing? They were awesome, i wanted one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

CMpunked wrote: »
    I picked up one myself, it has a characterised pint of guinness and the rabbit riding on top of it.
    I'm really glad i got it because the print looked normal when it was looking at it on the wall but when you have it close you can feel its definitely not a standard print.
    Was wondering if anyone who got one knows what that kind of thing is.

It was on the far left at the booth behind the sound desk. Kinda hard to notice tucked under the flag.
    Anyone spot the shirts the sellers were wearing? They were awesome, i wanted one.

The blink bunny? I asked about them and they weren't selling them, a real shame IMO, picked up a "rock on brother" tee instead.

The blink bunny? I asked about them and they weren't selling them, a real shame IMO, picked up a "rock on brother" tee instead.

Wait, what?

I was on about the poster prints.

This was them from last (tuesday) night:

blink+182+ireland+poster.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I love Travy... He can have my babies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,998 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It's not my fault but for me there is only one band called Blink and it is not 182, just a happy day with a cello deep inside the sound of sadness. Is God really groovy or just a fundamentally loveable creature? Anyway, everything comes and everything goes so I'm going to Nepal because there is something wrong with Normans mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

stevieob wrote: »
    It's not my fault but for me there is only one band called Blink and it is not 182, just a happy day with a cello deep inside the sound of sadness. Is God really groovy or just a fundamentally loveable creature? Anyway, everything comes and everything goes so I'm going to Nepal because there is something wrong with Normans mom.

....I think this is called for
    jackie-chan-meme.jpg

....I think this is called for
    jackie-chan-meme.jpg

wow, that even looks like me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

he's listing the songs off an album by the irish band blink

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I had their callcard..

$(KGrHqMOKnQE4TG9ws7TBONFWphoqw~~0_3.JPG

• Advertisement

he's listing the songs off an album by the irish band blink

Actually "Blink 182" used to be simply Called "Blink" but had to change their name for copyright reasons etc.

I'd like to freeze that moment in time and wrap it up in tinfoil with little ribbons of tinsel and say, That was a happy day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

What was the special limited edition poster like for Belfast?

blink+182+poster+belfast.JPG

Basq wrote: »
    I had their callcard..

$(KGrHqMOKnQE4TG9ws7TBONFWphoqw~~0_3.JPG

same still makes me laugh that we irsh stopped their origional name :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

They were definitely selling the bunnies, my boyfriend got one, you couldn't choose which one you got because there was no way of telling until they were opened. I believe it was €15. He go it in the stand opposite where they were selling the Macbeth stuff and they seemed to have a good amount.

Edit: unless you were talking about in Belfast then just ignore thus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Anyone else notice Travis' daughter on stage?

*Not my photo.

LE1xd.jpg

their always on stage, i think its lovely :)

also did anyone pick up anything at the famous stars and straps stand ??

this is gas , travis speaks hahah and tom was priceless

looks like they are havin alot of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wait, what?

I was on about the poster prints.

This was them from last (tuesday) night:

<poster>

I meant the t-shirts the sellers were wearing.

I meant the t-shirts the sellers were wearing.

Oh yeah, they were awesome, i really wanted one too when i first seen them.
    Did you catch the back? "I sold merch at blink182 and all i got was this crappy tshirt.. And a paycheck"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Amazing performance in Dublin, better than the last time i thought!
    Then ended up with guestlist/free tickets to belfast so headed along...seems they were a tad late with the running order or just seemed like the set was a bit rushed or something...idk, my friend echoed similar thoughts after the show.
    Could barely stand never mind jump at it, but they were still awesome if not as good as dublin!

now to try + do another date on the tour....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hoppus just said on Twitter:
    Tonight. Manchester. Playing a song we haven't played in at least a decade. Probably more.

What are we thinking? I'm betting something from EOTS like Going Away To College (one of my personal favourites) or Don't Leave Me.

Well they've played both of those since they reunited so that crosses them out!

I'd guess maybe m+m's or Aliens Exist? I'd love What Went Wrong.

It's Wasting Time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Basq wrote: »
    Hoppus just said on Twitter:

What are we thinking? I'm betting something from EOTS like Going Away To College (one of my personal favourites) or Don't Leave Me.

They played Don't Leave Me at the 2010 Dublin show :). I'd love to hear them play Going Away To College though! (I think they have played it since they got back together, just not in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

They have played a few acoustic tunes in England, dafuq is wrong with Dublin? we dont get the extra epic treatment?

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    They have played a few acoustic tunes in England, dafuq is wrong with Dublin? we dont get the extra epic treatment?

They love england. They have said it repeatedly in interviews that england (Particularly london) give them the best reaction.

Which is why i didnt think twice about getting tix to one of the extra smaller shows. :D

They love england. They have said it repeatedly in interviews that england (Particularly london) give them the best reaction.

Which is why i didnt think twice about getting tix to one of the extra smaller shows. :D

i would love to go and see them in their smaller 2 venues they have in london

@CM_punked , i think your were right next to me in the line for the first blink gig u you have my mate in a photo on your twitter sitting down in the line, lso i seen you haven's twitter and noticed your name on it and fro boards.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A V A wrote: »
    @CM_punked , i think your were right next to me in the line for the first blink gig u you have my mate in a photo on your twitter sitting down in the line, lso i seen you haven's twitter and noticed your name on it and fro boards.ie

2jz5.jpg

:p:p:p

• Advertisement

the one on the right looks like me hahaha you'd reconise his name from boards

Advertisement