Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Haha ah I went anyway! =P

Oxegen are unlikely to book headliners that are playing two big shows in Ireland a few weeks beforehand!

The Black Eyed Peas played 2 nights in the O2 not to long before Oxegen last year.
    By the time they come around to announced Oxegen 2012 the shows will have sold out and they might not be announced in their 1st announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Black Eyed Peas played 2 nights in the O2 not to long before Oxegen last year.
    By the time they come around to announced Oxegen 2012 the shows will have sold out and they might not be announced in their 1st announcement

That's what I'm thinking... if the shows sell out then it would give reason to add them to the Oxegen lineup. But if a large portion of their fanbase are preparing for a smack of exams that week. :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Oxegen are unlikely to book headliners that are playing two big shows in Ireland a few weeks beforehand!

By not playing oxegen this year it means they'll owe MCD a festival gig, i will be shocked if they are not playing oxegen and T in the park next year. The dates the arena shows are on and the fact they cancelled festivals this years leads me to believe they will be playing them next year.

Also it's not unlikely for promoters to have bands lined up more than a year in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

They have already confirmed that the German festivals they are missing this year, they will return to next year as headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dunno whether to go, know they are god awful live but wanna hear a few oldies too. Couldnt go last time unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Dunno whether to go, know they are god awful live but wanna hear a few oldies too. Couldnt go last time unfortunately.

Well i seen them last year twice (outdoors and indoors) and they were pretty good outdoors but would prob recommend going to see them in the O2 because they will sound that much better imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Have you actually seen them live or are you going by Youtube?

Because they are completely different experiences.

Tenks wrote: »
    Have you actually seen them live or are you going by Youtube?

Because they are completely different experiences.

Admittedly its youtube, but when two of them cant really play their instruments or sing, it doesnt inspire confidence. Lots of reports they be muck live.

Also, they cancelled cos the album wont be ready so can play new songs. If they not ready now, there is zero chance theyll be good or ever finished. A break from recording would be best for them.

Admittedly its youtube, but when two of them cant really play their instruments or sing, it doesnt inspire confidence. Lots of reports they be muck live.

They're not great singers nor amazing on their respective instruments but Travis behind the kit really pulls up the slack. I could be biased being a drummer myself.

They have a penchant for great pop songs but I'd most likely be far less interested in Blink if it wasn't for Travis.

They're not great singers nor amazing on their respective instruments but Travis behind the kit really pulls up the slack. I could be biased being a drummer myself.

They have a penchant for great pop songs but I'd most likely be far less interested in Blink if it wasn't for Travis.

Travis is great, cant deny that. I think they overdid it though, their songs went seriously downhill with the serious image thrust upon them. I'd say the fact its so expensive and so far away is making me less positive about it, closer to the time and the prospect of some Dumpweed, it'll be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mushy... they look and sound terrible live on YouTube.

But they really impressed me in The O2 last year.. Tom's voice is horrific but they gave the gig socks!

Great fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Also, they cancelled cos the album wont be ready so can play new songs. If they not ready now, there is zero chance theyll be good or ever finished. A break from recording would be best for them.

this chap lads ahaha mark can play his bass pretty well,the way he uses harmonys in the style of music blink play is pretty sweet!! toms good at guitar when he's not wasted (which is half of the time),mark can sing , but i dont know what to say about toms? :P

A V A wrote: »
    this chap lads ahaha mark can play his bass pretty well,the way he uses harmonys in the style of music blink play is pretty sweet!! toms good at guitar when he's not wasted (which is half of the time),mark can sing , but i dont know what to say about toms? :P

What exactly do you mean by 'this chap lads ahahah'? Hinting I'm an idiot for having a different opinion and knowing they are not in any way really good on their instruments, is that it? There is a difference between singing and being able to sing ya know!

The songs would be fun alright, but fun and good are two entirely different things.

What exactly do you mean by 'this chap lads ahahah'? Hinting I'm an idiot for having a different opinion and knowing they are not in any way really good on their instruments, is that it? There is a difference between singing and being able to sing ya know!

The songs would be fun alright, but fun and good are two entirely different things.

hahaha bit touchy there!!!! twas a joke!!!! i know there is a difference are you hinting im an idiot?? and they are able to sing ,they just have the laugh on stage and just like they've never done is take them selves to seriously !!!

hahaha bit touchy there!!!! twas a joke!!!! i know there is a difference are you hinting im an idiot?? and they are able to sing ,they just have the laugh on stage and just like they've never done is take them selves to seriously !!!

Ha most people don't know there is. I feel they went serious years ago (around Box car Racer time), which kinda ruined it for me. I don't think it'll sell out this time either, so least there is time to decide. can't see many new songs being put in.

people can grow up over time to a certain extent ,things and experiences happened in their life so that will effect their writing and performance etc !! they were going to try take themselves serious at one point in their life , now they're just having fun because they are back together and realizing they are very good friends and what happened with the break up is behind them , like marks said before "we are now just focusing on what we use to do ,just going and having fun,hanging out with good friends and playing music again weather it be old or new "

people can grow up over time to a certain extent ,things and experiences happened in their life so that will effect their writing and performance etc !! they were going to try take themselves serious at one point in their life , now they're just having fun because they are back together and realizing they are very good friends and what happened with the break up is behind them , like marks said before "we are now just focusing on what we use to do ,just going and having fun,hanging out with good friends and playing music again weather it be old or new "

Keep it to the old Mark, please?

Keep it to the old Mark, please?

what:rolleyes:

what:rolleyes:

Referring to last bit of the comment, they should just stick to the old.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Blink's last album, to me, is easily their best with Dude Ranch following. I think blink proved themselves as more than just a joke band for skaters and teenagers with that album.

But hey, opinions.

• Advertisement

Referring to last bit of the comment, they should just stick to the old.

this is what i hate about most blink fans they just want the old blink ,thats never guna happen ,they might get the old sound just a little bit but they will never be like the old blink ,their last album along with dude ranch was the best for me!!!! the last album sounded so different and it was fcukin awesome ,people didnt complain to that sounding different!!!!!:rolleyes:

this is what i hate about most blink fans they just want the old blink ,thats never guna happen ,they might get the old sound just a little bit but they will never be like the old blink ,their last album along with dude ranch was the best for me!!!! the last album sounded so different and it was fcukin awesome ,people didnt complain to that sounding different!!!!!:rolleyes:

People want the old Blink for the same reason people want the old Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

I actually dont really care about new songs. I was hoping to see them because of their older stuff. Wasnt around last time they toured!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Grabbed 2 tickets this morning anyhoo!

People want the old Blink for the same reason people want the old Metallica.

in my opinion people are stupid these days!! its just like saying i want an old person to be young again ,its not gina happen !!!

I don't mind that they've moved mostly away from their skate-punk sound to more punk-pop stuff. I wasn't too fond of Take Off Your Pants but the self-titled album was much better. Dude Ranch-era Blink was my favourite too but I'm content with "new" Blink if they release stuff as good as the last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

cant wait for the gig got tickets a few weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Seen blink last night in Miami :D

Great show, heard them play 4 new songs and their stage production is the best i've seen from them yet!

still a year left till the gig i duno if i should get my ticket now or not

• Advertisement

I'm in no rush to get tickets , seem them last time in the O2 . Also i dont no if ill be around next summer

Advertisement