Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have a hunch these lads will be the support

Since they dont have a Dublin date on their tour next year

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

God I hope not. ATL completely steal blink's on-stage style and recycle their jokes. I've heard Paramore are due to support, which isn't much better but atleast Hailey is a babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Saw them in August 2010 but thought it was a bit rubbish. I enjoy listening to them and all, but I definitely wouldn't be arsed paying €50 to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Love their new album so looking forward to hearing some of it live

Tenks wrote: »
    God I hope not. ATL completely steal blink's on-stage style and recycle their jokes. I've heard Paramore are due to support, which isn't much better but atleast Hailey is a babe.

Yea they are pretty much very like Blink , Paramore are to big to support Blink since the last time Paramore played they did the O2
    Love their new album so looking forward to hearing some of it live

Yea i was waiting to hear what the new album is like and im quite surprised how good it is . Was worried about it but it is a great record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I have a hunch these lads will be the support

Since they dont have a Dublin date on their tour next year

That's what people was thinking last time around :pac: even when the question was avoided by their singer on a live chat and all, was suspicious, were supporting them at reading/leeds and do the same festivals the week before/after.

"Special Guests" were Twin Atlantic :roll eyes:
    Weird they don't have a Dublin date as well as Belfast though....They'd probably have sold out the Academy as well as doing pretty decent with the Belfast date.

They have a full UK tour and blink probably would have same support for their UK tour so not really any indication at all.

edit: and Paramore will definitely not be supporting if they can near sell out the O2 :P

That's what people was thinking last time around :pac: even when the question was avoided by their singer on a live chat and all, was suspicious, were supporting them at reading/leeds and do the same festivals the week before/after.

"Special Guests" were Twin Atlantic :roll eyes:
    Weird they don't have a Dublin date as well as Belfast though....They'd probably have sold out the Academy as well as doing pretty decent with the Belfast date.

They have a full UK tour and blink probably would have same support for their UK tour so not really any indication at all.

edit: and Paramore will definitely not be supporting if they can near sell out the O2 :P

Yea but they didnt really need a "big" act to help them sell out the O2 last time so there was no real need for a big act.

Nah ATL can sell out the Olympia easy enough so they wouldnt have done the Academy.

The reason i said ATL was because they would be a similar size to YouMeAtSix who were meant to support them and they are a big enough act that will def help sell a few tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

ATL were apparently very critical about the olympia as a venue, due to the very small pit at the front, the singer said it on stage that night that it was ridiculous. This could be why they arent playing dublin as maybe they dont want to play it again, but the academy is too small. But that could just be a rumour, 90% of their fans are teenies I expect to be "growing out of them" soon enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

sometimes bands dont choose where they play ,their labels or production crew do that for them ,t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

A V A wrote: »
    sometimes bands dont choose where they play ,their labels or production crew do that for them ,t

its rare for a band to chose the venue, its down the MCD/Adkins to find a suitable venue that the band will fill/almost fill, as this will bring the promoters the most profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

ATL were apparently very critical about the olympia as a venue, due to the very small pit at the front, the singer said it on stage that night that it was ridiculous. This could be why they arent playing dublin as maybe they dont want to play it again, but the academy is too small. But that could just be a rumour, 90% of their fans are teenies I expect to be "growing out of them" soon enough

In that case, ATL are idiots. The Olympia is awesome!

Eh yeah, I've no notion of going to this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

iv always wanted to see all american rejects so that would be good, twin atlantic were good last time, they got me into them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Does anyone know exactly how well this gig is selling.

I went onto ticketmaster there out of curiosity and there is still standing tickets left:eek:

A V A wrote: »
    iv always wanted to see all american rejects so that would be good, twin atlantic were good last time, they got me into them :)

Yea i seen AAR at Rock Im Park in 09 and they were pretty good tbh and ive really got into Twin Atlantic over the last year or so . Prob gonna go to their Academy 2 date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Support for Dublin and Belfast is All American Rejects and Four Year Strong

Pretty happy with that

Me and my friend got our tickets at the weekend for Dublin :D:D AAR sold it for me

All American Rejects New Song

http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/02/all-american-rejects-stream-new-single.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mr.S wrote: »
    Folks just a heads up that someone from Blink management will be around Dublin CC on Sunday with a few pairs of free tickets to the show (plus signed stuff possibly!).

Keep an eye on blinks twitter and facebook for clues where to find him ;)

That'll be Temple Bar or Grafton Street then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Yup, got myself a signed drumhead. Met the guy at the Humble Bean Coffee Shop

tvgdJgbc

• Advertisement

Ah that explains this from their FB page
    Dublin 2 it will pay to be be humble.

was mark there ?? i was in work kinda p*ssed off now :mad::mad:

Just a note. This is not Mark.

No it was some manager guy. I was second person there. Got choice of tickets or signed drumhead. Took the drumhead cos already have tix to the Dublin concert.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nope just from blink management, don't know why everyone thought Mark would be there tbh!

Well he is only across the pond now since he is living in the UK ;);) .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Well he is only across the pond now since he is living in the UK ;);) .

And supporting Chelsea the bastard :pac:

3 pairs of tickets for blink -Dublin show on June 12 at O2 arena. I have a black jacket and beanie Radisson BluDublin 8

AlAfPkQCQAAYjOo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

Even though it wasn't Mark it was well worth spending nearly all day in town and most of yesterday evening there too! Me and my boyfriend were the first ones there, after being to the cafe about 2 hours earlier and then running all around town! He got tickets, I got signed set list (already have my tickets).. Delighted!!

Even though it wasn't Mark it was well worth spending nearly all day in town and most of yesterday evening there too! Me and my boyfriend were the first ones there, after being to the cafe about 2 hours earlier and then running all around town! He got tickets, I got signed set list (already have my tickets).. Delighted!!

Ha I seen ye guys there. I got the signed drumhead. Im surprised you took the setlist instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

They're Giving Pairs Of Tickets Away On The Jam On Fm104 :D

Advertisement