Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

CMpunked wrote: »
    Standing tickets were gone a few weeks ago. They must have released more around the time the advertising started.
    My mate got 4 standing on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

CMpunked wrote: »
    Standing tickets were gone a few weeks ago. They must have released more around the time the advertising started.

Yeah, I heard they were gone but then I bought two standing tickets about four weeks ago (whenever I first posted in this thread). And then we got my friend one as a birthday present last weekend. Must have released a large enough amount! Weird way of doing things...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mr.S wrote: »
    First gig is tonight so we'll get a pretty good idea what the setlist will be:)

I wanna know what merch was on sale too. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

setlist from tonight
    Feeling This
    Up All Night
    Rock Show
    Whats My Age Again
    Down
    I Miss You
    Wishing Well
    Dumpweed
    Always
    Violence
    After Midnight
    First Date
    Hearts All Gone
    Man Overboard
    Ghost On The DanceFloor
    All The Small Things
    Josie

Drum Solo

Carousel
    Dammit

A V A wrote: »
    setlist from tonight
    Wishing Well

Fcukin' A!
    I love that song, really hope they do that next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

setlist from tonight
    Feeling This
    Up All Night
    Rock Show
    Whats My Age Again
    Down
    I Miss You
    Wishing Well
    Dumpweed
    Always
    Violence
    After Midnight
    First Date
    Hearts All Gone
    Man Overboard
    Ghost On The DanceFloor
    All The Small Things
    Josie

Drum Solo

Carousel
    Dammit
    Saw someone tweet that their friend rang them whilst blink were playing
    Blowjob
    , and presuming they also finished with
    Family Reunion
    so the same as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Anniversary_Tour#Setlist apart from
    Happy Holidays You Bastard
    seems right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Amazing Set But I'd Love Adam Song

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Amazing Set But I'd Love Adam Song

Dont think they play it after DJ AM(think thats his name) died

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Looks good, was hoping for Natives off the new album but you never know.
    Looking forward to this now:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im just after winning tickets to the opening of Rock of Ages the same night :mad: . So hopefully it starts early enough and be over before 9 , think the girl on the phone said it was at 7pm so i should be out before 9 so hopefully i can get on the luas and be there in time or just miss a few Blink songs . Although i hope i get in on time for my favourite off the new album

• Advertisement

this is my favorite song on the album , it sounds like +44 when it gets into it

Just Watched Loads Of Videos On "Youtube" So Exiceited Now

looked at a video for hearts all gone and people dont look to be going mental!!! i know i will , its a fcukin perfect pit blink song!!!!

i wont be quing up this time as my days of youth is gone and im in fcukin work10 - half 7 , so looks like ill be headin for the pit with a nagin well chugged !!!!

;) :P

Im glad there isn't, it's big enough that it doesn't need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I duno, last time blink played the o2, there was no pit and the place was jammers in the standing section and near the front it was really bad.

The pit breaks up the crowd a bit and for some gigs I think its needed.

Agreed. And there were a lot of arseholes there too who were making it worse. I spent most of the gig over at the side of the stage. I don't think standing was even sold out last time

I understand totally that pits have merits but for those people who can't get there and queue from 11am owing to work/travel etc and have to view the gig from the side of the stage (which was the only place to stand with the o2s pit layout) its more beneficial as at least your in front of the band.

The pit was a disaster at the O2 and I hope they never bring it back. Was there for Muse and it was so damn cramped behind the pit it was almost unbearable. Been to the O2 plenty of times since: RATM, Paramore twice, Blink 182, MCR, Kasabian twice, as well as a few others: and it is so much better without the pit. Found myself able to get pretty close most times, without much cramping and given the fanbases of some of those bands I expected plenty of jostling. However I was pleasantly surprised and had enjoyable hassle free gigs each time

I disagree, it was horrible without the pit at the last blink show! There was a crush just to get in when they opened the doors and I would have been trampled if some random guy hadn't grabbed my shoulders and pulled me through with him (thanks, random guy, if you're reading :P).
    And I've never seen so many people push backwards during the first two songs! It was genuinely hard to breathe at times... At one point I turned around to talk to a friend between the two bands and I couldn't turn back around when blink came on cause there wasn't space! (I was about 10 rows from the front at that point).

Wasn't that badly squashed at any other gig, including Rise Against, Anti-Flag, Green Day, Foos...

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    Agreed. And there were a lot of arseholes there too who were making it worse. I spent most of the gig over at the side of the stage. I don't think standing was even sold out last time

Totally agree, except I'm pretty sure it was sold out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Totally agree, except I'm pretty sure it was sold out...

Ah right, I got my ticket not too long before the gig so assumed it wasn't! I know what you mean about the pushing when they opened the doors, we were probably 1/4 of the way from the top of the queue and people were just pushing and walking on others. My friend and I were basically pulling each others arms so we wouldn't get separated. It was ridiculous. Same thing inside when Blink came on, I was about 2/3 rows from the front but all of the pushing and trampling i ended up about 7/8 rows back then just had to move out. I moved over to the side of the stage by myself (got separated from my friends) and some d1ckhead came over and started elbowing his way in past me and digging into my ribs, at that point I lost it and confronted him about it.

I have been to loads of concerts and never seen any crowd that inconsiderate and physically rough..hoping it's not like that again next week.

I just had flashbacks of the last show and yeah, the crowd was a nightmare. People kept doing that moving forward and back thing. Wrecked my head. But the security was no where to be seen. Other gigs I was at we're straight in if any of that shīt started.
    Hope they are more alert next week!

dee. wrote: »
    Ah right, I got my ticket not too long before the gig so assumed it wasn't! I know what you mean about the pushing when they opened the doors, we were probably 1/4 of the way from the top of the queue and people were just pushing and walking on others. My friend and I were basically pulling each others arms so we wouldn't get separated. It was ridiculous. Same thing inside when Blink came on, I was about 2/3 rows from the front but all of the pushing and trampling i ended up about 7/8 rows back then just had to move out. I moved over to the side of the stage by myself (got separated from my friends) and some d1ckhead came over and started elbowing his way in past me and digging into my ribs, at that point I lost it and confronted him about it.

I have been to loads of concerts and never seen any crowd that inconsiderate and physically rough..hoping it's not like that again next week.

happened to me i qued from very early in the day , had a group of people younger than me thinkin they were cool cause they were at a blink concert, one guy from the gruop actually pushed over 2 girls that were keeping to their selfs jus to try get up that little bit further, they got a few slaps and a dig cuase there was no need for it and people around us agreed to , iv noticed the groups have changed at concerts i kinda was descusted at the blink gig last year, i was up the front for the first 5 or 6 songs and had to get taking out , it just wasnt worth it , it got really bad at stages

I was about 3 rows back from the barrier in front of Tom and was grand last time, but a few of my mates were over at the barrier in front of Mark and had to get pulled out, they said there were alot of idiots over that side . . . .

i right infront of mark , anybody i was around where the people i was in the que with and by the time the gig came around and we were inside it was like we were mates , kinda looked out for eachother but there was defo fcukin pr*cks around

i right infront of mark , anybody i was around where the people i was in the que with and by the time the gig came around and we were inside it was like we were mates , kinda looked out for eachother but there was defo fcukin pr*cks around

It was like that for me too when i got backstage in 2004.
    There was three others who got back too and we were like lifelong friends at it. Although we had only known each other since like 6 that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Might be a bit late, but the O2 never has a pit :3 the stage is to broad. This isn't just something I made up, we asked staff last night before we went in for Watch The Throne.

On topic, girlfriend got me a ticket for this, hope it's as good as last year!

There Was A Pit For Green Day!

• Advertisement

There Was A Pit For Green Day!

That wasn't too long after the reopen, and AFAIK was a 'trial period for the pit'. Obviously it didn't meet whatever criteria they had in mind.

Advertisement