Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm all for not having a pit, but I do agree that Blink was rough last time. Was 2 or 3 rows back in front of Tom for the first 2 songs that had to join the long line of people moving back to the back. Was the first gig where I got up to the front and didn't stay up there, I feared for my safety. =/

At most gigs though the crowd is fine and a pit would be unnecessary and annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Apparently blink played an acoustic version of Reckless Abandon in London tonight. AWESOME.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

marko93 wrote: »
    Might be a bit late, but the O2 never has a pit :3 the stage is to broad. This isn't just something I made up, we asked staff last night before we went in for Watch The Throne.

They had one for the first few gigs after it reopened. Someone told me that they decided whether it was necessary based on the queue at a certain point of the day, not sure how true that is. I agree that the way they had it set up was great for anyone who got into the pit but crap for those outside it... but sometimes some sort of crowd-breaker is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

If doors are at 6.30 what time do people think All american rejects would be starting at?? Is there a band before them?

Four Year Strong are on before AAR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

J77 wrote: »
    If doors are at 6.30 what time do people think All american rejects would be starting at?? Is there a band before them?

Stage times for Dublin/Belfast

18:30 – Doors Open
    19:30 – Four Year Strong
    20:15 – All American Rejects
    21:15 – BLINK 182

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I don't know but I find the people that start moshing complete and utter dickheads. Call me boring, but I go to gigs to listen to the music and have a good time, not to be pushed around by strangers and fight.

Usually the people that start moshing are weedy 17 year old kids that aren't interested in the music are more interested in taking drugs and moshing. Wish security would just chuck them out.

At Oxegen the security did well to break up the moshing but I suppose they were just on edge due to the stabbing the previous night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dissagree to a certaiin extent , theres people who keep to them selfs and that are polite if they knock into people (even tho their at a 'rock' show) its called having a bit of manners and being polite!! but pits are somewhere around the middle or close to the front , iv never gotten why people moan about being pushed/bumped/touched at a gig, it happens regardless!!! now if someone was to be an utter fcukin idiot and just act like a tool (which happens in most cases) they would get a swift push to the ground by me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I cant go to gigs and not join in with the bouncing etc, especially at something like Blink

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I'm not talking about bouncing which is acceptable and everyone does it at gigs. I'm talking about idiots deliberately pushing others or pushing bystanders into moshes which is totally unacceptable.

I was at Brixton a few months ago to see TDCC and a massive mosh broke out infront of us. I stepped aside as it was getting really dangerous however some stoned weedy 18 year old kid decided it would be fun to push this absolute beast of a man (think Paul O'connell or John Hayes) into the mosh however just as he pushed him the man turned around and smacked the teenager clean in his jaw, teenager falls to the floor, everyone instantly stops moshing and the man gets on watching the gig with his girlfriend.

I don't advocate violence or vigilantism but i just wish stoned teenagers couldn't get anywhere near gigs as they ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

If you go to concerts for the music and hate jumping around and being pushed just buy a seated ticket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For me when i go to a concert i want to enjoy it band+atmopshere . I agree with a lot of points being said , When i go ill jump up and down , sing a long etc and enjoy it .
    I rarely get involved in moshpits because they are not really my thing and thats why i usually end up about half in the crowd so i have a decent view and a decent crowd who are up for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

According to a review of the London gig, Mark & Tom headed to the back, to the sound desk to belt out a song before the encore, that'd be pretty cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Moshpits are a great way to get to the front quicker. if a big circle opens up with no one doing nothing, its easy to just walk through it and gain about 15 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

GastroBoy wrote: »
    According to a review of the London gig, Mark & Tom headed to the back, to the sound desk to belt out a song before the encore, that'd be pretty cool:D

Nice :) Reminds me of the gig back in 2004(i think) when Travis done his drum solo from a podium in the middle of the audience!

Feeling This
    Up All Night
    The Rock Show
    What's My Age Again?
    Down
    I Miss You
    Wishing Well
    Happy Holidays, You Bastard
    (Performed with all the lights off)
    Dumpweed
    Always
    Violence
    After Midnight
    First Date
    Heart’s All Gone (interlude)
    Heart's All Gone
    Man Overboard
    Ghost On The Dance Floor
    All The Small Things
    Josie

Encore:
    Reckless Abandon
    (Stripped down version performed at the back of the Arena)
    Can a Drummer Get Some
    (Travis Barker Solo)
    Carousel
    Dammit
    Family Reunion

Cant see that acoustic song at the desk happening in dublin.
    The blink guys love london and always try doing something special for them, i suppose that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Feeling This
    Up All Night
    The Rock Show
    What's My Age Again?
    Down
    I Miss You
    Wishing Well
    Happy Holidays, You Bastard
    (Performed with all the lights off)
    Dumpweed
    Always
    Violence
    After Midnight
    First Date
    Heart’s All Gone (interlude)
    Heart's All Gone
    Man Overboard
    Ghost On The Dance Floor
    All The Small Things
    Josie

Encore:
    Reckless Abandon
    (Stripped down version performed at the back of the Arena)
    Can a Drummer Get Some
    (Travis Barker Solo)
    Carousel
    Dammit
    Family Reunion

I'm liking the look of that setlist! I'll be very impressed if they get that many songs in, especially in the encore :)

Heard All American Rejects were good in london too, would be interested in seeing what their setlist was like in london.. Only got Kids in the Street recently and can't see that many good stage tunes on the album. I'm assuming due to their lack of irish performances they will bang out Swing Swing and all the singles.. been wanting to see them for years :D

Dirty Little Secret
    I Wanna
    Swing, Swing
    Beekeeper's Daughter
    Walk Over Me
    It Ends Tonight
    Move Along
    Kids in the Street
    Gives You Hell

Happy enough with AAR's setlist. Havent seen FYS's but as long as they play Wasting Time I'm happy.

for anyone that's never heard of them!

Looks like i shall be missing both support bands :( to go see the opening of Rock of Ages but i shall be there to watch Blink(although might miss a few songs)

Kinda wanted to see AAR again but hopefully they will drop over here again on their own tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

How Much Are Hoody's Or Tee Shirts

last time i went they a load of people were selling t-shirts for like 15 outside the o2 but you can easily haggle them down to 10 or maybe less, didn't see any hoodies as far as i can remember.

25/30.
    Hoodies were like 45 back in '10.

Who wants to see the merch?

I have a feeling i know what one is going to be bought most... :D:D

tumblr_m59u59MZAn1qzb9v8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m59u46zHYr1qzb9v8o1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That Family Reunion tee is great.. though not brave enough to wear it myself! :D

Basq wrote: »
    That Family Reunion tee is great.. though not brave enough to wear it myself! :D

I'm nearly always wearing a hoodie so that will be handy to hide it from the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I like the first white tshirt, wonder how much it'll be here..€25 or €30?

Will they have other hoodies? That one is a bit too boyish for my liking!

do they usually play most of the stuff from their new album? I know pretty much every blink album aside from the new one, and it seems to dominate the setlists up there

• Advertisement

well yeah its the neighborhoods tour so there going to do a few songs from that album, its like the self titled album when they toured that album they played a gud few songs from it

Advertisement