Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So tempted to get that family reunion shirt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Just bought 3 tickets for this now, was waiting to see how wreaked I was after download, glad It has sold badly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

well what do they expect ,they annoucned it over a year ago and its on the same tim eof the euro and that would effect tickets sales in ways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You could even make a suggestion that this one hasnt sold out owing to a lot of blinks irish fanbase emigrating to other countries in the last two years.
    It might sound odd but im basing that off 3 of my friends who would have gone in a heartbeat who are dotted all over the world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

CMpunked wrote: »
    You could even make a suggestion that this one hasnt sold out owing to a lot of blinks irish fanbase emigrating to other countries in the last two years.
    It might sound odd but im basing that off 3 of my friends who would have gone in a heartbeat who are dotted all over the world now.
    Your not wrong there, I could nearly say the same myself.

• Advertisement

Oh and then of course the leaving/junior cert is this week!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the fact a lot of Blink fans are gone from Ireland and also they are doing Belfast aswell think is why it has'nt sold out .

Even though i already have a Blink shirt im kinda tempted to get another:p

Yea the fact a lot of Blink fans are gone from Ireland and also they are doing Belfast aswell think is why it has'nt sold out .

Even though i already have a Blink shirt im kinda tempted to get another:p

I have 4 and a hoodie so you can never have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I hope they're doing the custom tour poster for Dublin, the other ones look amazing!

Oh just a FYI, around 100 people queuing already at the o2 :pac:

That's madness

.....maybe I'm just old

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dee. wrote: »
    That's madness

.....maybe I'm just old

Its madness. Wont make any difference in the end.
    Well maybe an extra bruise or 2 from crushing

• Advertisement

It was worth it back when there was a pit and you could get your wristband and feck off into town.

Im scared now that there will be a pit and i'm wasting time sitting here... O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

It was worth it back when there was a pit and you could get your wristband and feck off into town.

Lol, i'm sitting in work waiting to leave in 15 mins for my half day to make it up to dublin as quick as I can. Not as bothered being at the front as want to have access to the bar too ;)

Last time I was standing in the 02 for MCR it was easy to get back through the crowd and get near the front(about 10-15 deep) after being to the bar.

Won't be a pit, never is at the O2, and last time they played there wasn't sure I am in work till half 5, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Interesting theories about why it hasn't sold... I would add that people were less inclined to buy tickets at the time it went on sale because of the Oxegen cancellation. And Neighbourhoods hasn't exactly got much fanfare/airplay here. People who went last time for the "OMG BLINK ARE BACK!" factor won't necessarily go again, especially if they didn't get/like the new album.
    And, it's at the start of the summer, when a lot of people in the 18-28 age bracket have left for summer jobs abroad or J1s.

Pretty sure there won't be a pit, they seem to have completely given up on them.

Last time I was standing in the 02 for MCR it was easy to get back through the crowd and get near the front(about 10-15 deep) after being to the bar.

In fairness, only 6,000 showed up to MCR (including seated) in a venue that holds 14,000, so it might not be comparable :P

In fairness 2 friends of mine started queuing at 11pm last night. Fair play to them but I could never do that :P

In fairness 2 friends of mine started queuing at 11pm last night. Fair play to them but I could never do that :P

There were lads that done that back in 2004 but that was at the prospect of getting backstage (which they did).
    Doesnt seem like much point doing it today, you just end up wrecked come showtime.

Personally i dont see the point in queing up all night to get to the front even for my favourite band(Foo Fighters) . I like to have a decent spot to see , have a bitta craic , maybe a drink or 2 and enjoy the gig

My brother did it for the last blink gig, I showed up a couple of hours before the gig and joined him in the queue, my mate showed up after the doors and just joined us in side, there was no point in all the time spend queuing

Mark Hoppus
    Headed your way, Dublin e2655a8cb47011e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg
    On a flight to Dublin with the cast of Riverdance the tour. Going to make friends and learn some badass moves.

He's landed, a few friends of mine nabbed him at the airport.
    Jammy gits! :pac:

• Advertisement

Queuing for the O2 is pointless, the way the stage is you'll never be far away. Big group there already.

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Queuing for the O2 is pointless, the way the stage is you'll never be far away. Big group there already.

I wouldn't say pointless, if you want to get front and center right at the barrier you usually have the queue.

Plus it's a bit of banter queuing with everyone, the band sometimes comes out too. I remember Mark came out last time to say hi etc

I guess that's true.
    Well enjoy the gig everyone, should be a good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got a call saying i'm meeting Blink in a hour. AAAAAAH :D

God damn. How? Bring me? :P

A mass gathering of teenyboppers and emos. Not sure if we need a bomb or David Attenborough.
    I know that's part of the crowdbase but they're everywhere! :eek: Lot of the upper section taped off too

Enjoyed the set list.
    Some really enjoyable moments.
    Diabolical crowd

Crowd wasn't as bad as last time, security seemed to be a lot more on the ball.

Tom seemed to really enjoy himself. Musically they were tighter than I've ever heard them before and gelled really really well.

I had a blast. Stayed at the back for the first 2 bands, made my way into the crowd during Blink. Me being scrawny I got tossed around like a rag doll for the first few songs. But somehow, unintentionally, I ended up right in front of Mark at the dividing barrier. Once the crowd settled after Whats My Age Again, the pushing almost ceased and it was a thoroughly enjoyable spot I was in. Felt the band were a hell of alot better this time, musically tighter, Tom sounded decent singing and the band just seemed to be enjoying it alot more themselves.

All in all a much better show than 2010. Roll on next time!

Yea enjoyed the gig even though i missed the start coming back from Rock of Ages(recommend it to anyone) . Yea agree the band sounded great but at times the crowd were kinda dead . Think it will prob be the last time i see Blink after the last 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Crowd was pretty bad but not nearly as ridiculous as last time. I was in the third rowish section, just infront of Tom and it was unreal. All an amazing blur. Last time I was so hot that I had to leave after 2 songs, stuck it out this time around.

Missed FYS which is heartbreaking. AAR were classy, loved how he brought the mother out. Blink, world of their own. What an atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Really enjoyed the gig set was great but the crowd... :rolleyes:

Advertisement