Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 - Dublin & Belfast 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

How many tickets were sold in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

karaokeman wrote: »
    How many tickets were sold in the end?
    The top tier of seats was closed off. Plenty seats were empty. Standing was basically a sell out though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The top tier of seats was closed off. Plenty seats were empty. Standing was basically a sell out though

Standing was quite empty from what I saw, I have been to a few sold out shows there and it is usually much much busier, All American Rejects saying they where in the UK poor show lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

good show but the brought the drapes out on the seating tiers which is a bad sign,i was told that wasnt originally suppose to happen.also standing wasnt near that sold out ,when the 02's standin is sold out the full alway the way to where the big beams are under the seats!!! there was well to much room towards the back!!
    pits got shut down ,thank god cause they were just embarrassing :)
    all AAR where good and so were for years strong wasnt a fan before but seeing them live made me want to go buy some of their stuff
    i crowd surfed(always wanted to do at a blink gig) was fun,was in a really bad mood when where like 4 or 5 rows from infront of tom,some lad wanted to get passed my mate,but there no room to pass atall,then next of all the lad trying to get passed fully headed butted my mate in the back of the head! some mate he is cause he got him and his friends a few digs for being a muppet, he excuse was "im too stoned" wtf?? that really annoyed me !! caught toms pleck finnally and got an AAR pleck to, im delighted with thay as iv been waiting to pick one up for years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Standing definitely wasn't close to sold out. I was at Drakes concert in the O2 in march and standing was so full you could barely move...last night there was huge gaps in the crowd and even people sitting and laying on the floor with extra space around them!

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    Standing definitely wasn't close to sold out. I was at Drakes concert in the O2 in march and standing was so full you could barely move...last night there was huge gaps in the crowd and even people sitting and laying on the floor with extra space around them!

drake was nearly all the way back to the merchandise stands thatw as really full!!!!

does anybody think blink will start playin a smaller venue in dublin??im tryna tink of a good spot, if the ambassador was still open that would so good , 2 nights there would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I think Blink sounded better than last time they played here, but something felt..lacking. Maybe it was the crowd, nobody around me seemed to be enjoying themselves or dancing/jumping along with the music, I was the only one! All American Rejects were alright, I used to love them when Swing Swing first came out. Lead singer was kind of annoying/try hard though.

Blink didn't play "not now" this time, right? I only left once for 2mins and don't remember hearing it

dee. wrote: »
    I think Blink sounded better than last time they played here, but something felt..lacking. Maybe it was the crowd, nobody around me seemed to be enjoying themselves or dancing/jumping along with the music, I was the only one! All American Rejects were alright, I used to love them when Swing Swing first came out. Lead singer was kind of annoying/try hard though.

Blink didn't play "not now" this time, right? I only left once for 2mins and don't remember hearing it

i thought it was the crowd it was so bad, at one stage i was at the back on my own belting the songs out and dancin ,and every body at 1 stage was looking at me n laughin and all the crap,they didnt bother me one bit hahah

nobody seemed to know the songs played off the new album ??

tom sounded great,when they played online song i smiled :) also didnt play not now , but its great that they changed it up

also i thought it was a ahlf arsed gig on their part,flet like nothing was put into the stage or anything like last time, no great back drop or anything

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say turn out was about 9000/10000

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

A V A wrote: »
    i thought it was the crowd it was so bad, at one stage i was at the back on my own belting the songs out and dancin ,and every body at 1 stage was looking at me n laughin and all the crap,they didnt bother me one bit hahah

nobody seemed to know the songs played off the new album ??

tom sounded great,when they played online song i smiled :) also didnt play not now , but its great that they changed it up

also i thought it was a ahlf arsed gig on their part,flet like nothing was put into the stage or anything like last time, no great back drop or anything

They didn't play Online Songs. Unless you mean Josie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

What an eventful day from meeting mark when he came to the queue to not getting in because I was 1 and a half years underage Bit did in the end!

And getting squashed in the crowd I nearly fainted because of it I was in the second row and had to go to the back:mad:
    But was still pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Sorry about the shakiness. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There were about 10 times the lights than there were last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

One of my friends met the band and got her hero Travis to sign her leg. Then after the gig she went home and tattooed it!

It sounded like it was a class gig. I should have got myself a ticket. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Enjoyed it far more than the 2010 gig! The support was WAY better (:D), there were far less assh0les in the crowd and blink were much tighter as a band.
    Was pretty crowded where I was standing - a lot of people moved forward when blink came on - but there wasn't all that much space for moshing (right of stage, about 10 rows back). We moved back a few rows after about four songs and had more space around us. FOUR tall guys then stood in front of me though =/ but it worked out in the end. Most of the people around me were jumping/singing/dancing - must have depended on where you were standing.

Definitely agree that a lot of people didn't know the new songs, noticed a lot of people moving back to get drinks during those ones, and a lot of people stopped jumping for them.

Sad that they didn't play Anthem Part 2 or Reckless Abandon :( but was happy overall with the setlist, even though it seemed a little shorter than last time.

Was a good night - voiceless and slightly deaf today :P

Mr.S, how'd you get on meeting them?

CMpunked wrote: »
    There were about 10 times the lights than there were last time.

wow lights? no big back drop or anything , well compared to the other stage set ups that are in the o2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

wow lights? no big back drop or anything , well compared to the other stage set ups that are in the o2

They had a low backdrop based on the Neighborhoods artwork and large moving screens above that!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Doubt it, maybe the RDS Simmons court (ie the shed) which is around 5.5k for concerts I think. But I can't see them playing anywhere other then the o2.

Sorry but what show where you at? No great back drop? wha? The light show/lasers/split screens as the backdrop/visuals on the screens where great.

They sounded much tighter then the last o2 gig and probably the best out of the 5 times i've seen them live over the years.

Yeah it was undersold, the drunken lads being dicks in the crowd where annoying but it was still a great show, perfect setlist imo. New songs sounded great live.

Personally, I think the reason it was so undersold was because it was announced so long ago, that people just didn't buy tickets because it was so far away, lost interest etc. The leaving cert was on so thats a good amount of fans that couldn't go. And the whole "Blink are back!!!" buzz has gone which the last show had.

i never said anything about the setlist , i thought that was brilliant, and they sounded amazing last night , it was so good to hear them pick up were they left off back in the 03/04!!
    aswell as it been announced real early i think maybe something to do with the euro's aswell :)

i think i just had a negative vibe on the crowd and gig after that incident with the group of lads , that really annoyed me!!! if your mate got a full forced head butt to the back of the head (intentionally) would you's not be pissed off

i had a brilliant night regardless and i also heard mark came out side to line again liek he did last year, i think thats pretty cool and nice of him

They had a low backdrop based on the Neighborhoods artwork and large moving screens above that!

its just my opinion man

• Advertisement

Tenks wrote: »
    They didn't play Online Songs. Unless you mean Josie?

sory wtf did i say that for??? i meant man overboard :P :)

They had probably the most sophisticated lighting/stage setup they probably ever had. Rivalled closely by their 2004 tour rig.
    I feel bad for your mate, Ava, only imbecilic planks of humans do that to anyone.
    But the rig last night was far superior to what they had in 2010, which was obviously thrown together with no real concept in mind.

Out of curiosity, when you say backdrop do you mean like a material printed drop that hangs behind the band or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Met Mark He's So Down To Earth And He Gave Me About 10 Stickers

Mr.S wrote: »
    Standard meet and greet before the show with the lads behind a table and huge black body guard beside them :pac:

No photos allowed which was kinda ****e but still was nice saying hi.

How'd you swing that anyway?

CMpunked wrote: »
    They had probably the most sophisticated lighting/stage setup they probably ever had. Rivalled closely by their 2004 tour rig.
    I feel bad for your mate, Ava, only imbecilic planks of humans do that to anyone.
    But the rig last night was far superior to what they had in 2010, which was obviously thrown together with no real concept in mind.

Out of curiosity, when you say backdrop do you mean like a material printed drop that hangs behind the band or what?

like im talking about the neighborhoods art work behind travis , that was half arsed, the lights were good, the same lad that does the daft punk rigs does blinks , which was a amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

The light show for travis's drum solo was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

Must say, was a big Blink fan back in the day but when they broke up so did my interest. Went along last night and thought it was pretty poor. Don't get me wrong, glad I went- I had original tickets for the gig back in 2001/2002 that was cancelled when Tom hurt his back but I felt they simply flew in to do the gig and left. Only interaction with Irish crowd was our participation in the Euro's..........at least AAR had your man from Temple bar on and showed some effort. I see people having a go at the crowd but they are paying to be entertained and I for one would have gotten way more into it had they told a few stories of ireland or something the crowd could relate to instead of usual sex jokes!

Ouch.............i am sounding old! :D

breffnij wrote: »
    Must say, was a big Blink fan back in the day but when they broke up so did my interest. Went along last night and thought it was pretty poor. Don't get me wrong, glad I went- I had original tickets for the gig back in 2001/2002 that was cancelled when Tom hurt his back but I felt they simply flew in to do the gig and left. Only interaction with Irish crowd was our participation in the Euro's..........at least AAR had your man from Temple bar on and showed some effort. I see people having a go at the crowd but they are paying to be entertained and I for one would have gotten way more into it had they told a few stories of ireland or something the crowd could relate to instead of usual sex jokes!

Ouch.............i am sounding old! :D

To be fair, that was all necessary when they had like a maximum 12 song setlist and had to fill an hour and a half.
    They played 23 songs last night, fair enough there were 3 joke songs, but that leaves 20 necessary songs in 90 minutes is only 4 and a half minutes per song.
    With the banter that they did have last night along with the kick ass excellent sounding songs then thats pretty good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Great show tonight in Belfast. Travis is unreal!

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Great show tonight in Belfast. Travis is unreal!

Excellent! :D

What was the special limited edition poster like for Belfast?
    Also, did anyone else on the forum get one from last night? I thought it was excellent and seemed to have more thought put into it than the birmingham and london ones so far.

Advertisement