Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Park

Options
  • 18-04-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Tayto Park in Ashbourne is still open? Am trying to organsie a trip there on Wednesday and when Ive tried calling they dont answer the phone or return my call and the enquiry form on their website doesnt work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

should be open, Shane McEntee was there last week according to the Chronicle. do you trying getting a number for the Park from Largo Foods,

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

My wife was there saturday , plus company i work for has organised a family day there , so yes its open :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You can take a look at their website. It gives all times and events.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Madame Feathers

We received a family voucher and went there yesterday. Have to say very impressed with the place. Nice friendly staff and the grub was top notch.Kids loved the place. We left before it got too crowded though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

Yes it's still open.
    I was quite impressed with the Park too. When I first heard about Tayto Park I thought they are taking the piss. But they put a lot of work and thought into the project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I live in Ratoath and have heard tonnes of people talking about the Tayto Park.

One lady went for dinner with her family up there one Sunday and had to wait half an hour for a table for three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

One lady went for dinner with her family up there one Sunday and had to wait half an hour for a table for three of them.

Hardly surprising at dinner time on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

draffodx wrote: »
    Hardly surprising at dinner time on a Sunday?

I would have thought it was still a good indication of a place doing well though. Plenty of places don't boast anything like that on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I think they're putting in a Barbecue area to speed up food queues at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

The whole Tayto Park project seems quite brave in the current economic circumstances but they seem to be making a good go of it.
    Entry prices seem a little OTT while its location is a good bit off the beaten track.
    Still, I wish them well with it, good to see a place on the up and up, bucking the trend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Both my nephews went there recently and said it was quite nice. The first was on a School Tour last week and this included a visit to the crisp factory. The second went with family today and there was No factory tour. The food was of poor quality with no pricing signs (illegal surely?) Price is EUR 12 for Adults and SAME price for children and senior citizens. Rip off pricing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Almost the same price as Dublin Zoo for a family of 4! Mental pricing imho, for what is basically an ad for crisps.

Advertisement