Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHASE 7..FAS

Options
  • 18-04-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

did any one ever do phase 7 with an employer and have fas pay you not the employer.or does any one know anything about this?? I have just got my phase 6 results but am not employed with anyone at the moment and need to be to get signed off and heard of this fas way but dont know anything about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm on it now.

Its the redundant apprentice placement scheme.You have to be registered with FAS as being redundant.

you get €400 a week for 12 weeks on phase 7 and €350 a week for 6 months on phase 3 and 5.You have to have passed your previous phase exams to qualify.

Contact the senior training advisor in your nearest training centre about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bill Electrical Aprentice

i was tinkin it was 400euro is your employer giving you any
    money on top of that??will fas give you all the 12 weeks?do you thik your employer will keep you on after your finished

Some employers will some won't depends who you get.They dont have to give you anything else thats why its great for them,they get you for 39 hour's a week at a fraction of what you'd normally cost.It's a no brainer for them.

They have to keep you on for the full term of the contract be that 6 months or 3 months or whatever.Its up to them what happens after but you are not an employee with the company during the FAS contract,your status is as a FAS trainee.It depends on how much work they have and how you do while your with them I suppose but to be honest if they had a choice between employing a lad at full cost and all the trimmings that entails or getting a lad for free off FAS I reckon most employers will let you go at the end of it and go back to FAS for a new man.

I'm not complaining though,it gives me the chance to get qualified which wasnt there before and I know the chap I'm with would love to keep me if work allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

did any one ever do phase 7 with an employer and have fas pay you not the employer.or does any one know anything about this?? I have just got my phase 6 results but am not employed with anyone at the moment and need to be to get signed off and heard of this fas way but dont know anything about it

You've got your phase 6 results? did you sit them in March?
    I re-sat phase 6 electrical science in March and haven't got results yet, just wondering when you got your results?

I did my phase 6 in march,Got results this morning:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Bill Electrical Aprentice

same here got my results yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuperGlen27

i'm starting this soon, what company did you's work for and where was the work? The woman told me JB or JD elite, in Dublin, anyone know anymore details??

I did mine with a small company in stepaside.You only get 3 months on phase 7 though so you still be stuck if you have longer than that left to serve.I still have 5 months left and no way of serving it unless I get a job

Advertisement