Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB in Kilmihil

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ads20101 wrote: »
    I have gone back to comreg again with another letter and they have at least agreed to enquire.

I hope they get further than me
    Hi ads20101

No worries, I would just like to clarify we will be unable to offer updates on comreg queries or complaints.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

SamKnows has been running on my line for about a month now. 
    here are some results.

as you can see, 9pm average is a pathetic 0.55Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

sibergoth wrote: »

as you can see, 9pm average is a pathetic 0.55Mbps

0.55Mb/s after 8pm is the max we'll get.

I've had it at 0.2 in the same time period.

In essence completely unusable.

• Advertisement

looks good.  I too have sent something similar to comreg.

Just as an update on that front I have had some communication based on my complaint.  I have been told from my calls with a level 2 customer care agent at vodafone that from their correspondence with eircom they hope to have some 'positive news' for me in the next couple of weeks.

I can but hope.......

oh really ??   well, that will certainly be interesting !!

Further update:

I was contacted again yesterday.  

I have been informed that progress is being made and once again I have been informed that discussions between vodafone and eircom are continuing.

With the ongoing comreg complaint, I do hope that they are not just trying to use delaying tactics but they reiterated that they expect hopeful news in the next week or two.

I reminded the contact that she told me the same just over two weeks ago.  She agreed but she wanted to assure me that progress is being made, is being taken seriously and expects a positive resolution to this ongoing issue.

sounds promising.. !  

but will it happen during our lifetimes? :)

Btw - just plugged in my own samknows box. 

The results should be interesting. 

• Advertisement

Ok update:

Bad news.

Been contacted by lv 2 support a vodafone. They have stated that discussions have broken down.

Eircom are refusing to put a date for upgrade.

They also admit that the line is oversubscribed.

So back to square one.

Really thought that I had made some progress.

*sigh*

Yes, I agree!!

I still haven't received an official response from comreg, even though I know what it'll be now.

I will give it a few more days, and if I've heard nothing I will write back again.

God.... comreg, eircom and vodafone probably feel that I'm a nuisance but that isn't really my intention, I would just like a usable service during peak times.

I note that Kilrush is no longer on eircoms efibre map!!

May have an added problem.....

Nbs has now come to an end.

I expect eircom & vodafone et al are likely to add more subscribers to the over already over subscribed kilmihil exchange.

Ps. I have now received my official reply from com reg.  They have stated that there is nothing they can do and have advised me to contact eircom directly.  I think they may have missed the bits of my correspondence that stated that I have tried this already. 

The phrase 'going in circles' comes to mind.

I'm getting very dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭swoofer

did you get the local TD involved?

Kilrush is now showing as available for fibre.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

so Cooraclare now has eFibre and we have ****e.

Cooraclare and doonbeg are now officially on the e fibre map too,  not just the eircom wholesale fibre map.

So, our suspicions were spot on...

Reps...

Now that the comreg investigation has recommended in its final report to me that I refer this matter directly to eircom despite the fact that I currently do not have my ISP with you,  could you please let me know if it is possible for you to investigate the congestion issue with the eircom run Kilmihil exchange.

Also, I have also attached the current fibre map in relation to Kilmihil.

Close but no cigar......

So nothing until at least July 2015

*v sad & disappointed*

Hi Reps,

I note that you were unable to respond to my last request (dated:10/8/14)

However, I note on the fibre map page that oct / nov 2015 is currently showing in pink as a key for the map.  Seeing as there are no pink dots yet on the map I am hoping that the Kilmihil exchange is on it.

I know that this is over a year away, but as I have said previously at least we will have a date for a usable service.

On a similar note I see that Kilrush is no longer on the map.  I expect that this is a mistake so I am just bringing it to your attention.

One final bit.  As Cooraclare has an upgrade date of Jan / Mar 2015 and is only a few miles down the road would you be able to say if the Kilmihil exchange will get more data and thus reducing the congestion problem.  This has been implied by phone customer services in the past but I would prefer to see something more definitive.

• Advertisement

Hi Andy,

i doubt if anyone will respond to this.

my understanding is that the kilmihil exchange is linked to 'wherever' by a microwave link which has a max capacity of 16MBps 
    Until that link is changed to fibre we are doomed to extremely limited service..  16Mbps these days is utterly pathetic obviously... a joke.

Doonbeg and Cooraclare obviously have more important people to service !!!

sorry - I am completely jaded and have absolutely no faith in the system anymore.  I will probably leave the village before it gets any kind of decent internet... 

oh yes, i do find it odd that Kilrush has vanished off the map..  that has to be a mistake ?!

anyone have friends in Cooraclare who would set up a wireless relay or something ???

interesting.   look at the Vodafone 4G coverage map.  did we get an upgrade?????

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage/

interesting.   look at the Vodafone 4G coverage map.  did we get an upgrade?????

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage/

Yes, but not the solution we need IMO.

Vodafone are REALLY expensive for mobile data and is not a useful replacement for a DSL exchange.

agree, 20GB for €29.99 a month.  

i have signed up for a wifi modem, should have it tomorrow.   I called VF and discussed the situation... of course they had no idea what i was talking about as usual.

anyway, i will let you know if it actually works at all.    I did a carrier check on my iPhone and it didn't see any VF networks at all.. so i remain sceptical.

14 days trial anyway so if it doesn't work i'll be extremely annoyed and send it back....

however, i did see a planning permission notice on the cell tower a while back. so maybe !

agree, 20GB for €29.99 a month.  

i have signed up for a wifi modem, should have it tomorrow.   I called VF and discussed the situation... of course they had no idea what i was talking about as usual.

anyway, i will let you know if it actually works at all.    I did a carrier check on my iPhone and it didn't see any VF networks at all.. so i remain sceptical.

14 days trial anyway so if it doesn't work i'll be extremely annoyed and send it back....

however, i did see a planning permission notice on the cell tower a while back. so maybe !

You have a 3 mobile (I think you've said this before). You won't see a vodafone signal on your iPhone as 3 use vf for their 2g network and it will come up on the iPhone as a second 3 signal.

Do a manual scan and see if you have 2 x 3 signals. If so one of them is likely to be vf.

ads20101 wrote: »
    Hi Reps,

I note that you were unable to respond to my last request (dated:10/8/14)

However, I note on the fibre map page that oct / nov 2015 is currently showing in pink as a key for the map.  Seeing as there are no pink dots yet on the map I am hoping that the Kilmihil exchange is on it.

I know that this is over a year away, but as I have said previously at least we will have a date for a usable service.

On a similar note I see that Kilrush is no longer on the map.  I expect that this is a mistake so I am just bringing it to your attention.

One final bit.  As Cooraclare has an upgrade date of Jan / Mar 2015 and is only a few miles down the road would you be able to say if the Kilmihil exchange will get more data and thus reducing the congestion problem.  This has been implied by phone customer services in the past but I would prefer to see something more definitive.

Bump.

well, what do ya know.

i have 4G

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3800564556.png

not bad.. but a big tease really.  20GB a month is pathetic ... in the first 20 minutes i did some speed tests and used 500MB !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭swoofer

is it only VF have 4g in Kilmihill?

Advertisement