Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're charging what for a pint!?!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Odd - I always find Beamish tastes kinda soapy, never got the burnt bit.

Off down the west tomorrow where the pints are a very reasonable 3.50'ish. Dublin vintners association can kiss my alcoholic ass goodbye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

In town over the weekend and waiting on a friend in the Hairy Lemon so order a pint of Guinness - €5!!

Last time I was in here the A-Holes were charging 50c extra a pint if you were drinking upstairs.

I've never been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,969 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Last time I was in here the A-Holes were charging 50c extra a pint if you were drinking upstairs.

I've never been back since.

People should vote with their feet. If we boycott the expensive pubs the prices will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Hairy lemon pub last weeknd, 6.10 a pint ...and that was before 11 oclock!!! They must want to go out of business, this place must rival cafe en seine for the most expensive pint in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Just don't drink there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Portobello Bar charges €6.10 for a pint of Bud and €7 for a pint bottle of Bulmers on a Sunday night. First and last time going there. No surprise there was about 7 or so people in the place.

€4.75 for a decent pint of Guinness in Gin Palace last night, they had a few cocktail specials from what I could see. Not a bad boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was in The Old Storehouse (used to be Eamonn Dorans) and its turned into a tourist place. 6 euro a pint in there now. Never going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was in The Old Storehouse (used to be Eamonn Dorans) and its turned into a tourist place. 6 euro a pint in there now. Never going back!

There is a new Dorans bar on Leeson street,just near the south east corner of Stephens Green. has plenty of live bands on and drink promotions after work.

I think its called Dorans on the Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

heybaby wrote: »
    Hairy lemon pub last weeknd, 6.10 a pint ...and that was before 11 oclock!!! They must want to go out of business, this place must rival cafe en seine for the most expensive pint in ireland.

Had a few pints there last night, won't be going back. Atmosphere was grand, good craic had but the wallet was hit far too hard for what I had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

6.50 for a paulaner and 7 for a small white wine in fitzsimons. Left soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

blacklist called for here, any social media types who can set up a site like the pump.ie for the petrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

eric hoone wrote: »
    blacklist called for here, any social media types who can set up a site like the pump.ie for the petrol?

Now thats a fantastic idea!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

eric hoone wrote: »
    Now thats a fantastic idea!.

You mean like this?

http://publin.ie/2011/price-guide/

Although some of the prices on that don't tally with prices people are listing on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

AnonoBoy wrote: »

You mean like this?

http://publin.ie/2011/price-guide/

Although some of the prices on that don't tally with prices people are listing on this thread.

Nice site although no sign of an app yet, would probably get much more updates..

Our apps for iphone and android phones are in the development stage. We hope to have them ready for you very soon. Check back soon or follow us on facebook and twitter to get an update when the apps become available. With the apps you will be able to quickly find a pub near you with the best deals via our publin map and price charts.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Slunk wrote: »
    6.50 for a paulaner and 7 for a small white wine in fitzsimons. Left soon after.
    Was there last Saturday.

Pint of harp 6.10. Glass of wine 6.70. Outrageous prices. One drink and left. It's not even that good of a pub, tourists are being taken for mugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is Kennedy's Pub beside Tara St tube station still open ?

Haven't been in there for a while and it looked closed up the last time I passed it by in the car.

Many A lovely pint I had in there for less than I pay outside Dublin.

And a proper pub it was too. No music blaring, fancy gimmicks or bouncers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Less than 4 quid for a pint of any of the franciscan well stuff in the ginger man. Oreillys sub lounge and mcturcails do 3.50 pints as well which great!
    Am a sucker for the franciscan well stuff so gingerman is the college local!:)
    Ended up in Bruxelles one night a few weeks ago and was charged 6 quid for a pint of creans! :eek:
    Pint was good but the price was rediculous! Have a nice beer glass sitting on my desk as a result to go along with all the other souvenirs from rediculously expensive pubs!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

heybaby wrote: »

I was in cafe en seine just before xmas and they charged 5 euro for a pint of Bulmers which isnt bad considering the type of pub it is.

Lapin wrote: »
    Is Kennedy's Pub beside Tara St tube station still open ?

Haven't been in there for a while and it looked closed up the last time I passed it by in the car.

Many A lovely pint I had in there for less than I pay outside Dublin.

And a proper pub it was too. No music blaring, fancy gimmicks or bouncers.

It was closed due to flooding for about a year but it's been back open for the past year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Fool wrote: »
    Nice site although no sign of an app yet, would probably get much more updates..

Our apps for iphone and android phones are in the development stage. We hope to have them ready for you very soon. Check back soon or follow us on facebook and twitter to get an update when the apps become available. With the apps you will be able to quickly find a pub near you with the best deals via our publin map and price charts.

Our? Might be an idea if you're going to look for followers for a not yet existant app to include a linky, no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

The Flowing Tide is doing an own-brand lager for 4 euro a pint..its not bad stuff either,similar to the Porterhouse's Temple Brau.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It was closed due to flooding for about a year but it's been back open for the past year or so.

Yeah, but they completely renovated the place (despite people pleading with them not to) and it lost ALL of its charm

Another +1 for the Flowing Tide - great pub (€4 own-brand and also €4 500ml bottle of Warsteiner)

Flowing Tide looks like a damn fine boozer! Too bad it's still only monday :(

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Yeah, but they completely renovated the place (despite people pleading with them not to) and it lost ALL of its charm

Another +1 for the Flowing Tide - great pub (€4 own-brand and also €4 500ml bottle of Warsteiner)

They had some other bottled beer for 4 euro on saturday,cant remeber what it was.

Scortho wrote: »
    Pint was good but the price was rediculous! Have a nice beer glass sitting on my desk as a result to go along with all the other souvenirs from rediculously expensive pubs!:)
    `

Bruxelles upstairs is a pricey kip alright but the downstairs rock bar is doing pints and various shots for 4 euro up to midnight.

A Disgrace wrote: »

I'll admit it has lost a good bit of its divey charm but I don't think it's lost all of it. Still great music and a nice laid back attitude in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Scortho wrote: »
    Less than 4 quid for a pint of any of the franciscan well stuff in the ginger man. Oreillys sub lounge and mcturcails do 3.50 pints as well which great!
    Am a sucker for the franciscan well stuff so gingerman is the college local!:)
    Ended up in Bruxelles one night a few weeks ago and was charged 6 quid for a pint of creans! :eek:

The Ginger Man is a great shout for the sensibly priced Franciscan Well beer.

When in Dublin I tend to bounce between there and MacTurcaills, plus occasionally Fitzgeralds by O'Connell Bridge (most pints there are €4.10).

Plenty of pints much cheaper than rip-off kips elsewhere.

Why pay more? ;)

The Ginger Man is a great shout for the sensibly priced Franciscan Well beer.

When in Dublin I tend to bounce between there and MacTurcaills, plus occasionally Fitzgeralds by O'Connell Bridge (most pints there are €4.10).

Plenty of pints much cheaper than rip-off kips elsewhere.

Why pay more? ;)

Fitzgeralds is another pub I'd recommend, it's almost a hidden gem as people expect it to be a tourist trap. It's quite cosy in there too but more importantly, it stocks local craft beer, which is usually cheaper than the big boys (and nicer)

• Advertisement

While I'm at it, Pifko (it's a Czech bar) at the bottom of Bridgefoot Street/Ushers Quay is another hidden gem. It's got a great atmosphere and serves pitchers of Zlaty Bazant for €10 - that's three pints.

Anyone who walks into a bar and doesn't have some sort of idea of that they're gonna be charged has it coming to be honest, or doesn't care in the first place.

Same way that anyone who hits Fitzsimons, The Temple Bar or the Hairy Lemon should really expect the worst.

Advertisement