Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're charging what for a pint!?!?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

€3.50 for a pint of Bavaria in JJ's on Aungier Street this Saturday just gone.

Dark Horse on Georges Quay beside GNIB office does pitchers of Fosters and sometimes Bavaria for €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

£1.89 for a pint of Becks in a sleazy pub in Liverpool last weekend :D It was a dump though, could smell the toilets from the front door.

Theres a thread in Rip Off Ireland about a €6.80 pint in Temple Bar recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The prices of things here take the biscuit when you factor in that it's a bankrupt s**thole with no jobs and a mickey mouse infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill second pifko. €5 for jd and coke and bottles of tyskie for 4.95 is not bad. They also do some Czech/Slovak shot which is rocket fuel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I was in buskers last night got charged 5.70 for a pint :eek:

Even in the boom years they didnt charge that much.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Plenty of pubs closing down the last 18 months and many in Dublin. Hopefully these kips with fantasy prices close. The temple bar tourist traps seem to do well but I really cant see how any of these other dumps get any sort of income from the high rents they pay and ridiculous money they charge.

The strongest will survive hopefully and I've rarely ever seen cheap/well priced pubs closed due to not enough customers, no matter what its location.

Many publicans in Ireland are like landlords ; unregulated, untrained, stingy, and out to rob every last penny. Young people now want value for money, and as such stay out of many pubs, hopefully it comes up roses for the rest of us.

Advertisement