Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OFWGKTA

• 18-04-2011 5:59pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just in case some of ye missed it. They were announced for Oxegen today...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sweet, gonna have to try pull a few strings now to get a free day pass from somewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

damn, tempting I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Only heard about those lads last week. Bunch of mental bastards they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

As long as they're not on a main stage they'll be fine I'd say. Their stuff would fly straight over the heads of your typical Oxegen attendee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd say if they stuck them in one of the tents later one of the nights, it would be great craic.

They are playing a secret gig in London at the end of May and rumour has it they will be doing two shows in Ireland before heading back to the US that week.

Venue in dublin not confirmed and Venue in Galway is picked but they are still working out money between the venue and the management, but the lads want to do the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Seaneh wrote: »
    Venue in Galway

tell me more

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd wager on Roisin Dubh, seems to be the spot for hip hop gigs in Galway.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd wager on Roisin Dubh, seems to be the spot for hip hop gigs in Galway.

Nope =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Any reason why they aren't coming to Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

Seaneh wrote: »
    Nope =D

if this isnt complete BS im assuming its the kellys promotor who's getting j rocc over for his only irish show this year. amirite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

Sweet!

xdeletiax wrote: »
    if this isnt complete BS im assuming its the kellys promotor who's getting j rocc over for his only irish show this year. amirite?

Correct.
    Nothing confirmed, but it might happen.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Just in case some of ye missed it. They were announced for Oxegen today...

Link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Strange that they've been announced. Their music is unreal no doubt but it's not going to appeal to the typical Oxegen goer I reckon.

After seeing the performance on Jimmy Fallon I really want to see them live. It should be mental. Hope they play a smaller gig in Ireland as well before going home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If you went on what the typical Oxegen goer wanted you'd have nothing but Kings of Leon. As much as I hate Oxegen they tend to consistently have a much more diverse and interesting lineup than Electric Picnic, or any of the other festivals for that matter. They'll probably put them on in the late afternoon somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

But Oxegen is a f*cking dive :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I'd say they will go down like a lead balloon at Oxygen which is a shame because they are so f**king swag :pac:

Btw I'd love to see them do a live show in Dublin in say Button Factory or Crawdaddy, that would be insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Not sure yet do I like them. To be fair I have only seen a couple of their youtube videos. One thing I like about them though is that they're different and have a distinct sound, they're bringing something new to rap which can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Where can I download their stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

CorkMan wrote: »

The internet. I aint even jokin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drumlanelad

This Is the most insane thing I have ever heard , This music will kill oxygen 2011 and make them mainstream mark my words :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This Is the most insane thing I have ever heard , This music will kill oxygen 2011 and make them mainstream mark my words :/

Already there dude, or at least as mainstream as they can be. I don't really think you'll ever hear them on t'radio. I also think they'll pass right over the heads of oxegen...

Can't wait to see em at Primavera.

CorkMan wrote: »

they put all thier stuff here:
    http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/

get Bastard, Earl & Awesome first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Upstairs at Kellys

No sign of a Galway show, sorry if anyone was excited. Going over to Primavera myself to see them.

Advertisement