Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want dual monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What kind of connectors do your screens take?
    DVI or VGA - Or both - Or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

You don't need the splitter lead, juanyjuans :eek:

Both monitors can be connected to the same card for dual display (most graphics cards can do this).
    You'll need at least one monitor with DVI or HDMI, though
    so e.g. main monitor -> DVI, other monitor -> SVGA

Or just buy a card with whatever you need.
    You could save €2 by going with komplett (free delivery) for that card.
    Any reasonably modern card will handle two monitors easily enough, so maybe you should take a trip to adverts. Do you plan ond doing anything graphically strenuous?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭juanyjuans

I don't plan to do any strenuous graphics processing. I just want a dual display.

My Monitors have both DVI and VGA.
    Any reasonably modern card will handle two monitors easily enough
    So there is still a chance that the graphics card I mentioned might not support dual monitors???

No, it will definitely take two monitors unless it's a faulty card. There should be little or no problems.
    If you can find a 5450 with displayport, you can use three monitors (but you would need a specific eyefinity adapter).

• Advertisement
Advertisement