Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Follow on years?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Looking to do computer science 4 years course
    but i defo wont get the 300 points needed
    so im looking at doing the 3 year course for 255 points
    but i want to do the 4 years
    it says i can do a follow on year? like when my 3 year course is finished i can do the 4th year
    how do they pick people who want to follow on to the next year? is it by there grades? attendence?
    thanks for replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We have been told (2nd Year Computing) that it could include your grades and attendence if you want to go from the 3 year course into the 4th year, whether they're just trying to get us to improve our attendence and grades is a different question. Personnally if you get to 3rd year and pass it I'd be fairly sure they'll let you get into 4th year.

Best bet is to contact Barry Feeney http://www.it-tallaght.ie/computing/ he's the head of computing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I dont think class sizes will be an issue by 3rd/4th year anyways

I applied for the 2 year computing cert, but I can do IT Management [which I most likely will do] if I want to

All the computing courses are merged for first year, with about 100 students, split into 2 groups (then 2 sub-groups)

But theres a lot of dropouts on the course. My mate is in 4th year now and I think his whole year is less than 10 people :O

But whatever course you apply to, you'll all be in the same class, then you can choose what to do after first year

If you make the effort to just go to all your classes, then you're attendance and grades will be mega!
    (Unfortunately it took a poster aimed at primary kids for me to realise this!......)

Advertisement