Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray Foam Instalation Pics

• 18-04-2011 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to get both the attics spray foamed today
    Ths insulation company arrived at 9am this morning.

They took about 1 hour to set the system up as the spray foam is a 2 part chemical that is mixed together and then heated to around 50 degrees C before being spraying into the attic spaces.

The foam is a biofoam and its breathable which allows the roof structure to breath yet its fireproof,water tight and has very good thermal and accoustic properties

It was mad seeing a spray of foam expanding to 100 times it size in a matter of seconds. :D
    I also had special vent cards installed to keep an airgap in the roof.
    All the wall plates in both attics and gable walls were also sprayed.

I take my hat off to the 2 lads who got up into the attics to spray the foam in,as the heat off the stuff was unreal at the time.
    So between the house being fully insulated internally and now the attics spray foamed,is should mean no massive heating bills in the winter time and the house retaining its heat for hours and hours.

P.S-Im not allowed to mention the company name,so Ive removed it and the pics of their truck from my post.

Hopefully this keeps everyone happy.:)

Pics. [:)]
    DSCF8148.jpg
    DSCF8151.jpg
    DSCF8147.jpg
    DSCF8156.jpg
    DSCF8162.jpg
    DSCF8166.jpg
    DSCF8173.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Looks great Paddy. If I do ever reinsulate it will be sprayed like this. If possible could you Pm with the company name and info for the future. Thks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Looks great Paddy. If I do ever reinsulate it will be sprayed like this. If possible could you Pm with the company name and info for the future. Thks.

PM on the way.:)

The cold and draughty wall plate in the old attic area.

DSCF8110.jpg

Now fully insulated and sealed in.Bye Bye freezing cold draughts and heat loss.The chap actually extends the machine down to the concrete/timber wall plate and sprays over the actual wallplate.:D

DSCF8161.jpg

The chap spraying the foam into the attic.The heat was unreal.:eek:

DSCF8153.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

paddy147 wrote: »
    I decided to get both the attics spray foamed today
    Ths insulation company arrived at 9am this morning.

That looks amazing. Any chance of another PM of who they are?

Regards

ART6

ART6 wrote: »
    That looks amazing. Any chance of another PM of who they are?

Regards

ART6

PM sent.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Great. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi Paddy,

Was it expensive to get done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭SteM

Would you mind sending me their contact info too please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Stupid question but would that not close off the "Breathing" required in the roof space?

I though air had to circulate around the roof space/rafters.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭SteM

The gaps are kept it seems.
    ......I also had special vent cards installed to keep an airgap in the roof.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ah sound.

Paddy what sort of price did you pay for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

nice one paddy posting the results like that, fair play to you!

if you could pm the company name i would appreciate it!

also interested in the cost.

Can I ask the mods/admin to allow me to name the spray foam company here please,as I am getting so many requests for PMs.

It would be easier for all,to just say the company name here.

So am I allowed to name them??

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Whats the cost paddy?

Whats the cost paddy?

I got a very good deal,lets just say that.:)

I had 2 attics to get spray foamed and also the overhang of my extension.

I got a very good deal,lets just say that.:)

I had 2 attics to get spray foamed and also the overhang of my extension.

Why can't you give us the price? Its not top secret is it and not against the rules.

It would be helpful to know the price.

The house is staying warmer for alot longer now.

Very happy with how its turned out.:)

And the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

How has it been with the recent warm spell, did the house stay cooler during the day in your opinion?

yop wrote: »
    And the price?

Price was very good and I got a good deal indeed.:D

Each house would be different depending on what you wanted done,if you wanted vent cards and also naturally,the size of your attic or attics.

• Advertisement

byrybak wrote: »
    seems like paddy147 is doin spray insulating himself?!?!?!

Yes,I just happen to have a huge big artic truck in my driveway with a 20 grands worth of spray equipement and 4 large drums of liquids/chemicals at 2 grand a drum.

Eh,no I dont,and I also didnt spray it myself.

P.S-Bit late to be deleting your post now,seen as I have allready quoted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Yes,I just happen to have a huge big artic truck in my driveway with a 20 grands worth of spray equipement and 4 large drums of liquids/chemicals at 2 grand a drum.

just tell us a price then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ah now in fairness Paddy, no need to exaggerate.......

Its a rigid truck, not an articulated one.....:D

Ah so indirect advertising!..... ;)

So if you have no connection with the company then its simple to give us the price, otherwise it does point towards you having a direct link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

So if you have no connection with the company then its simple to give us the price, otherwise it does point towards you having a direct link.

Hi Guys,

Jeez paddy you know how to dig a hole for yourself :) I've been watching this thread this evening with interest.

We are the company that sprayed Paddy's House and he came across us in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056085552.

He has no affilliation to us whatsoever but I do appreciate the kind words...

I have no problem with Paddy disclosing the price he paid but it will not really be relevent to anyone else as it is totaly dependent on application and there are so many variable factors. That is why we always provide one of our consultants to view the house to give an accurate price...

The industry prices would be between 15euro per m2 and 30 per m2. Two foams are certified by the NSAI and the others are not... You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Anyway If anyone has any general questions about spray foam or the industry in General I would be glad to answer them. Please don't ask me to give advice on individual situations or prices on this thread as it should be for information only.

mods I hope you don't mind... I felt I had to chip in....

Fingers well spotted on the rigid.. man knows his trucks :)

I have NO direct link,or any link for that matter to the company.

Im just a very happy and satisfied customer.

I also said to the Weatherseal spray foam rep that called out to see my house,that I would not dissclose the price agreed by us,on the internet,as that price was for the work in my house and was/is between myself and the spray foam company.

So I was and am keeping my word on that part.

I dont go back on my word or break an agreement.:)

Sound out Paddy ;)

Thanks Macspower for that. Is it the 15m2 the cheaper or is that 2 different types that you provide?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, there wouldn't have been a problem with mentioning the company name from the start tbh, Paddy is an established poster which makes things different from new sign ups. There is also no problem with Macspower coming on thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Sound out Paddy ;)

Thanks Macspower for that. Is it the 15m2 the cheaper or is that 2 different types that you provide?

Thanks

hi yop

The product is the same. For this application we use a certified breathable foam. The difference in prices is down to the job and the requirements. There are a lot of variables like depth of wallplate, ease of access/workarea, depth of foam required etc.

EG one house might have a 4inch rafter and another might have 6 . A house with 500m2 will have a lower price per m2 than a house with 80m2 as fixed running costs are taken into account.

sorry for longwinded reply but it is not a straightforward subject.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Folks, there wouldn't have been a problem with mentioning the company name from the start tbh, Paddy is an established poster which makes things different from new sign ups. There is also no problem with Macspower coming on thread.

Thanks for the support.:)

But how come then I was instantly banned for posting the exact same pics and mentioning the company name in the Construction forum then???:confused::mad:

Thats why I didnt mention the name here and asked 1st,as I didnt want to be banned for it.

How is it ok to mention it here,but then you get banned somewhere else for it????

Its very infair and also very confusing,as you dont know what you are allowed or not allowed to say,and then you get pounced on and banned for saying something that you didnt know wasnt allowed.

Advertisement