Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Finance Options

Options
  • 18-04-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm a first-time poster looking for advice. I've been accepted onto a postgraduate program in the UK and I'm trying to find out where I stand finance-wise. I've been unemployed for roughly 12 months now and already hold a BA and MA. My only real option as I see it would be to apply for student loans. I'm a member of both Credit Union and Bank of Ireland but am wondering at the likelihood of being able to secure a loan with one or both of them. I reckon that I'd need around nine grand. This is taking into account some savings and the possibility of part-time work outside of college. Does anyone have any recent experience of trying to procure loans with either of these institutions? I have cleared my previous student loan, so my credit history is OK! What are my chances?

Advertisement