Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this fraud?

• 18-04-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for some educated comments. It has just come to light that a person in the Department has given away my maps without my knowledge on naked land (no entitlements) to a local farmer who has claimed their entitlements on it. This person in the Department has been telling me for the last few years that I would not be able to get anything from any scheme even though I have a herd number. There was no rental/lease agreement and the farmer was not 'actively' farming the land because I was. I am furious not just because of this but I think I should also have been able to claim a grant for shed that was built prior to 2009.

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

mythbuster wrote: »
    Looking for some educated comments. It has just come to light that a person in the Department has given away my maps without my knowledge on naked land (no entitlements) to a local farmer who has claimed their entitlements on it. This person in the Department has been telling me for the last few years that I would not be able to get anything from any scheme even though I have a herd number. There was no rental/lease agreement and the farmer was not 'actively' farming the land because I was. I am furious not just because of this but I think I should also have been able to claim a grant for shed that was built prior to 2009.

my advice would be to get yourself some proper advice and go and see a solicitor asap but i fail to see how anyone could claim anything from land that wasnt theirs and that they werent renting/leasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mythbuster

Thanks for replying. I now have the paperwork on Department paper that confirms Single Payment Scheme has been claimed with the entitlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I heard of something similar happening to a neighbour of mine . He was claiming on land he was renting and got a letter from the dept saying that someone else was also claiming on this land . A third party then offered him a few quid in cash to say he made a mistake and stop claiming . It turned out that an accountant was chancing to claim entitelments on a few places without farming them at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

mythbuster wrote: »

This type of behaviour is all too common I'm afraid. Chancers claim on ground that they suspect is not already being claimed on. eg owner is away or eldery.

Also some auctioneers have been "offering" land for this purpose also over the past few years. If they have a farm to sell that they think will take a while to shift they allow others to use the area for area aid and hence claiming entitlements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Its not fraud but you can claim back your entitlements. First step is too get yourself a solicitor and write both the department and the farmer that claimed the entitlements requesting payment in full for x length of time. DO NOT back down on this issue or try to resolve it with a payoff as you could lose out on all future entitlements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Welcome to Ireland:(

Perhaps - but these are EU schemes that stipulate certain requirements and conditions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

To be honest we can't really give much advice on this forum, however I'd agree with vanderbadger, you need legal advice on this one.

If you can't get any joy with the dept after making a complaint try the ombudsman, you'll get the phone no in the govt pages in the middle of a phonebook.

Best of luck with it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Ok thanks, interesting times ahead.

Advertisement