Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N64 'Back to Basics' Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Raven wins by sending her opposition off to her father's dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I like Raven. She's cool. But she is way out of her depth here. Even if she was to teleport them away, the Swarmlord can move between the fleets and thus would be back in her face. And with his physic powers and the Hive Mind helping, I can't imagine it would be easy anyway.

Hellboy is good. But he's going to have some serious difficultly inflicting anything other then superficial damage while avoiding those swords. Eventually he's going to get cut to pieces. Even if he can't die, what's he going to be do with no arms or legs?

Swarmlord to continue the onward march.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Swarmlord takes the lead with 2 points.
    Raven has 1.
    Hellboy 0

The Swarmlord emerges victorious.

The next battle will be posted shortly...

Jack Russel
    604514-werewolf_by_night_greg_land01_large_super.jpg&sa=X&ei=jrjuTdiSO8SKhQeC8M3ICQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4GQ&usg=AFQjCNEG6YaP5HexTJp-Bn-esZZfGNkNig

Versus

Spike The Devil Man
    Akkuman-Blast1-DevilsCourage.jpg&sa=X&ei=ebnuTaSDIIuKhQfL4tm8CQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFazSFLLBIvRk2MrBSbRZEpTAH_Fw

Versus

Buffy Summers
    buffy5.jpg&sa=X&ei=QLruTZv8GY-0hAeU4fGtCQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHWHW0-byYiKteolNKCbKWNxalAWw

"The Slayer Buffy summers has been dispatched to hunt down a werewolf, but all of a sudden, as if by magic, a campy Devil Man appears to join the fight!"

• Advertisement

Considering that Buffy and Jack are limited to physical fighting, I can't see them beating the campy devil.

Even if they were to combine and somehow get the upper hand in the straight up fight (which is hard enough to see happening), Spike can fly and blow them away with Ki blasts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

While I am a big fan of Buffy she is no match for Mr. Russell.
    Werewolf dispatches Slayer then turns and shoves the demon's giant fork where the sun does not shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Buffy has beaten bigger bads in her time, but always with some big plan or deus ex machina event, so here she's largely screwed.

I'm in two minds about who would win between Jack Russel (seriously, is he a wolf or a small irritating yipper? :P ) but Spike Devilman Camp Star can easily keep his distance and use his many special attacks to wipe them out.

ERGO... Spike is zee veeeenah!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jack Russell is easily the weakest of the three.

He in recent years in his most powerful incarnation was soundly beaten by Moonknight when MK had only his human training and no superpowers at all.

If a highly trained human can defeat the most powerful version of Jack Russell so quickly then Buffy or Spike can do so.

It just boils down to Buffy against Spike for me, and if it comes down to raw power with no deus ex machina in play, Buffy is screwed.

Spike The Devil man for the win.

Spike the Devil Man wins

• Advertisement

Malus Darkblade&Spite
    300px-MalusDarkbladeSpite.jpg&sa=X&ei=7kbxTZFJisWzBoGSwIgH&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG_1XNBJ6eRJ06eY0c4RQEeBSo5Yw

Versus

Michael Myers
    michael-myers11.jpg&sa=X&ei=YUfxTcCJFcfAtAbPuryHBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFy2J9dWPIEq78WeRq7CR90aEHSSg

Versus

Asdrubael Vect, including Dais of Destruction
    wh_asdruvect.jpg&sa=X&ei=I0jxTYe4DtDBtAao-ayIBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEy6-YHRwO3UfGrFv93Ys9pAJXJoA

Versus

Batman
    Batm.jpg&sa=X&ei=H0nxTeSXA83KswaVgdGHBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4FA&usg=AFQjCNEYNrXUnfG4OK28DRNJ6OfPLv1suA

This battle takes place on a neutral battlefield with no discernible home advantage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Vect decides to try to pull off an even larger SHOOP DA WHOOP than Guyver, basically for SnG :pac:

I don't think he's succeeded quite yet, but as the Dark Scythe reduced all other protagonists to ashes with a single blast he's run out of victims to try it on for now.

Asdrubael Vect for an easy Win

No contest here at all.

Asdrubael Vect win the same kind of ease that standing on an ant takes.

Batman would have a better chance in a fistfight against Doomsday than he does here, same goes for Michael Myers.

Malus might be able to warp space and teleport away once or twice but he gets taken down easily as well.

Asdrubael Vect is dark eldar... that's pretty much like a dark elf but with futuristic skills, so the last lad is gone.

Batman can take anyone down, kinda, but I doubt he'd have any knowledge of Vect or planning in place. He's also down.

Myers? Did we not kill him off ages ago? Pft, goodbye.

VECT FOR THE GALAXY!

Malus is being terribly underestimated in this battle. Assuming that they are in relative close quarters, I'm going to bring it back to the core and do an initiative roll for the charge and from there the win. Simple D6, higher roll wins.

The gods agree with my assessment that this is fairly even and the first roll is a five for both.

Malus rolls 3. Vect rolls 4.

Vect targets each of his opponents individually and blasts them all to hell. Batman and Myers crumble to dust instantly but Malus unleashes his daemon to survive the blast. Vect is perturbed by this turn of events but no matter as he overloads the weapons for a massive blast.

4-0 to Asdrubael Vect

Asdrubael Vect wins.

A fight to the finish with every man, woman, entity for itself!
    This is the last chance saloon folks. One lucky loser will qualify to Round 2. everyone else is toast.

@ The Lookout
    62874-329886_f260_large.jpg&sa=X&ei=YgL1TdqVJo3KtAaerPC6Bg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFfrUmMyOr-9AARcjK980wc50XkvA
    "Don't step too close to the edge. It's a long way down to the ground!"

List of combatants:

Albert Wesker
    Angel
    'Antime' the Jungle Hunter Predator
    Batman
    Black Cat
    Buffy Summers
    Carnotaurus pack
    Catman
    Catwoman
    Chucky (and family)
    Dabura
    Darkman
    Elektra
    Eliphas the Inheritor
    Faith
    Father Solomon and his retinue
    Freddy Krueger
    Ginger Fitzgerald & Brigitt 'B' Fitzgerald
    Goliath
    Hellboy
    Jack russel
    Jacob Black
    Jason Voorhes
    Malus Darkblade & Spite
    Michael Morbius
    Michael Myers
    Midwipe
    Mr. Black the Berserker Super Predator
    Man-Bat
    Note Owl II
    Noob Saibot
    Pennywise
    Pumpkinhead
    Raven
    Scorpion
    Sauron
    The Fallen
    The Punisher
    Vampire Hunter 'D'
    Van Helsing
    Yakon

Links??? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Predators have taken on hordes of Aliens in a small battle area so I think "Anytime" the jungle hunter predator is best suited to pick up a royal rumble win held in this location.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Mindwipe goes down first. He's the only big target for The Fallen to beat on. In turn, a whole load of supers will go for Big F while the preds, D and the Chucksters play it tactical. The only possible outcome is gory realtype slaughter. In the midst of the butchering of hapless weaklings Wesker goes off to kill some undeads and The Fallen teleports off to have Sauron for breakfast while Noob and Elektra duel and resident teleport-whores Raven and Malus try to blast each other and avoid being blasted by Dabura's beam spam.

Eventually the tactical players will fall afoul of D as Handy points out the threats they pose as they all circle the perimeter past each other. Meanwhile, having butchered the normals a badly battered Fallen will switch to stepping on supers to put them out of their misery. Grinding Gargoyle and Hellboy to dust, it tries to scrape the remains of Pumpy off its foot-claw. However a roar of "THEY LIKE ME BETTER!!! ME! ME! MEEEE!!!!" accompanied by a jealous Chaos Terminator jumping on its head knocks it off-balance as Eliphas tries to reduce the number of contenders for the Chaos Gods' most favoured by 50%, hacking away at the Warp Dweller's damaged head. Meanwhile Dabura looks on and laughs and narrowly misses getting decapitated by Wesker and D, resulting in a furious three-way battle of the high-speed super-bruisers.

The battle is broken up by Noob, who surprises and takes down Wesker, only to be cut down by Dabura's beams. As the iron giant behind them crashes to the ground Dabura continues to wail on D, but D is too quick and untiring. Raven's appearance seals Dabura's fate, leaving her and D staring at each other, Raven too exhausted to continue fighting. In the momentary lull D is torn asunder from behind. Chuckling, a horrifically wounded and disfigured Wesker climbs to his feet and shuffles toward a powerless Raven...

Only to get a taste of his own medicine as his incredibly durable form is cut down by a necrotic plasma field, far too much damage to come back from in a hurry. Staring at the grim, bleeding visage of Eliphas, Raven sinks to the ground in defeat.

Realising that they are now all alone and that Eliphas and his rent and battered powered armor has also ground to a halt Raven can almost see victory. Lacking the power to shield or teleport and with only enough energy to launch one more attack, she falls back on one of her oldest and simplest tricks, reaching out to paralyse Eliphas' mind long enough to strike...

Eliphas chuckles as the female psyker before him spasms erratically on the ground screaming in pain. The oldest rookie mistake in the book: trying to turn a Chaos Marine by attacking their mind... and leaving themselves open to the horror of their sick, twisted minds. He does not even deign to dispatch the poor woman - far too kind, and besides, her agonised screams are music to his ears...

Eliphas FTW

After careful analysis of the stated competitors I can now safely say that the eventual winner would be Eliphas. The various werewolves would assault one another while the monsters destroyed each other. The preds would kill eachother in an attempt to be the sole claimant to so many glorious trophies and the Fallen would be the primary target of the remaining Omega-level players who would join forces to eliminate the obvious threat he represents. The first to fall overall though would be Jacob Black. he is no match for Russell or the Ginger Snaps, who would in turn fall to the dinos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Im actually going to go with wesker on this one.

The speed and strength he shows in resi 5 i dont think could be properly matched. He is faster than a bullet and can catch rpg's with his bare hands so that rules out anyone with weapons (guns/knives), his super strength also destroys all the humans, and his immence speed means he is too much for the bigger guys!

Albert Wesker wins the royal rumble

wesker-demotivational-poster-1241254379.jpg

"I've hardly even broken a sweat"

So far it's:

Eliphas the Inheritor 2
    'Anytime' the Jungle Hunter Predator 1
    Albert Wesker 1

Malus Darkblade for me.

Looking at what is left on the list, I just have a feeling that the warpsword, and it abilities coupled with the abilities it bestowes, would prove to be the difference maker.

There's just too much to consider. Mind is quite literally blown. Every time I begin to think of some way for this to go, I get new ideas. Since I'm running out time, I'm going to invoke the power of the plothole and give this match to Eliphas.

Eliphas the Inheritor has won the Royal Rumble.
    As a gift the Chaos Gods have given him his own pair of lightning claws.

DawnofWar2222.jpg&sa=X&ei=z3v7Ta7UJIvHsgaA7KDPDg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Eg&usg=AFQjCNFyecli2J-cmmTT3i3L_bKT2lrsKw

"Incoming vox transmission.....

Eliphas The Inheritor

DawnofWar2222.jpg&sa=X&ei=4X_7TZTsOozHsgbjqs2qAQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Eg&usg=AFQjCNFO_tmCxoU76n2pR5ZVUj0-uwujgw

Versus

Araghast The Pillager!

Chaos_Terminator_Lord_DOW2.jpg&sa=X&ei=tnz7TaeOIozFswakjvH9Dw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE-tET_d6ZCnlEpczDw6MEwBXet9A

Aurelia
    Cr_aurelia.jpg&sa=X&ei=o4j7TYutOtCr0AHH3-WUAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEQZHJLtXMBrof_6wRvTjn4pAs3Ag

"Lord Abaddon has instructed Eliphas to travel to the frozen world of Aurelia where he says an 'old friend' awaits him and shall give him further instructions. He has been instructed to go alone or else Abaddon's personal cabal of bodyguard sorcerers will kill him instantly.
    Eliphas has no friends (that still live), so proceeds with caution..."

Bigger, stronger, with much more powerful versions of the two Dark God blessings that he and Eliphas have in common. His Atlas Quake ability can be devastating.

The more potent version of the Mark of Khorne may be the telling factor though. If he and Eliphas get into a slash and hack, then he will be doing more damage to Eliphas than Eliphas can to him, and he will be healing more with every strike than Eliphas can.

Plus Araghast's version of the Mark of Nurgle has an additional healing factor that the version Eliphas has simply does not. So Araghast is healing even quicker again thanks to that.

Gotta be the big guy in this one getting some well deserved revenge on the coward that betrayed him and then ran.

The Conquerer Of A Thousand Worlds wins this one over the guy who failed to conquer two.

Araghast FTW

• Advertisement

Yoh, dittso.

Advertisement