Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N64 composite cable question

• 18-04-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Doing a big cable buy fo finally get rid of the RF's in my life! I bought a composite cable for my PAL N64 (no RBG :mad:) from fleabay and they came today. They were billed as snes/gc/n64 so I thought they'd do the job. They came today anyway, and long story short, the picture is awful. The picture is waaay too bright and oversaturated. A quick google turns up many results, some say that the cable is missing a resistor, others say it's a issue with PAL N64's. The resistor seems like the most likely to me and I'm on the verge of returning the cable. I kinda feel that a replacement cable will have the same issue tho. Anyone shed some light on this? Should I return and hope for the best?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's the red yellow and white composite cable and you are getting a rubbish picture then that means everything is fine because composite cables are far and away the worst cable you can use to get a picture that isn't RF. Unfortunately this is your only option for N64. If it's unusually bad for composite then you probably got a duff cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Schorpio

ha, yeah believe me - I wasn't banking on composite being any good! I know only too well about composh1te, but like you said - it's better than RF. Google threw up loads of people having the same problem with N64's and composite cables so I was wondering if this was a common thing. I reckon I'll try to return this one, and hope they're not just crap cables....:(

Advertisement