Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish terrier pup

• 18-04-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey,
    I'm wondering if anyone has a Irish terrier pup for sale. It's for my parents who are looking to get a puppy. I've tried the IKC and various breeders but to no avail, the breeders i called say they are not breeding this year due to the current economic climate.
    Any info into upcoming litters etc would be most welcomed.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

I don't know of any Irish terrier breeders but dogs in distress have a 9 month old little Irish terrier looking for a home his name is Oscar and you can see pics on their website www.dogsindistress.org/forum under the dogs in fostercare section. He is very cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 donathan

thanks for the reply,

he is however a mix breed between a Irish terrier and a jack russel so not actually what i am looking for.

thanks anyway for you help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If the breeders aren't breeding then you might have a bit of a wait there's no point in taking any shortcuts because you want to get a reliable breeder. However do keep an eye on rescues homing sections they come up now and then looking for good homes.
    They're a lovely breed but if you really want one sooner rather than later you might have to try further afield eg the north or the uk obviously look for genuine breeders etc. Grandparents had one and he was a big soft oul eejit, I don't think his personality fit the breed he was a pb but wasn't into all the stuff terriers in general are but he had the softest personality ever. He did suffer from a skin condition which we could never get to the bottom of though, left him smelly and his skin greasy.
    I think looking back it could of been a food allergy but back then the vets weren't any help. So it's important to look for a registered breeder that you'll have some come back on should there be any probs. If you do find one post some piccies, lovely dogs that aren't all that common to see, nowdays it's all bichons and cavaliers for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You started another thread here to which I replied... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71728713

Did you manage to contact the club sec?

Advertisement