Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gypsy Rose pub, on the quays

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Was there last night and have to say, the new stage & sound system bloody rocks.. Gives the place a bigger venue feel to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

kona wrote: »
    You can have a quiet pint in gypsy, you cant in fibbers, its just got some weird aggro Buzz to the place.

Complete rubbish..i'm literally drinking in fibbers 20 years and the only time i saw hassle was when a bunch of Bus-Pass Punk Rockers started a row in the beer garden then promptly had thier arses handed to them.

That was once in 20 years that i've seen a scrap..its pretty far from an aggro pub.

If you want an "aggro vibe" head downstairs in Bruxelles on a saturday night where the long-haired "regulars" act like they're members of some sort of exclusive Cool Gang and bad-eye those they dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

kona wrote: »
    You obviously didnt go often, Fibbers was a real Dump last year, they are renovating and has gotten some form of class. Although its still waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more aggro and full of muppets than Gypsy. You can have a quiet pint in gypsy, you cant in fibbers, its just got some weird aggro Buzz to the place.

I frequented Fibber's on and off for about a dozen years. I had precisely one dodgy incident happen to me in that time. Sometimes I was in there thrice a week. The crowd there was (and probably still is) always generally civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I dont really agree with brux, I just find those "regulars" annoying, never got a feeling they would start a brawl because I think Doom Metal is crap haha.

I think Fibbers depends on the day you go, Thursdays are a much different crowd to saturdays, and I found thursdays to have lots of aggro and pricks.
    Although I havnt been on a thursday there in ages and Ive heard the crowd is different, so maybe its calmed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Metal heads don't like to be told that death metal is crap, same applies with doom metal. Indie hipsters with long hair and tight jeans are too hip for us all.

Places have regulars, stereotypes will be stereotypes! For what it's worth, Gypsy Rose was an ok enough place the one time I went in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement