Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8520,Xperia x10 mini pro,Nokia C5 03

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Looking for a phone for the other half, current phone is old & knackered - battery also fecked .main use is for calls and texts what would you recommend. i like the look of the SE x10 mini pro, any of you guys got this phone? whats the story with battery life? . my top 3 are as follows but will consider anything ( has to be v.fone network ) Blackberry 8520 , Xperia x10 mini pro, Nokia C5 03
    help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They're all very different phones. The Blackberry is excellent for email but there is a fee for this service (50cent a day with vodafone pre pay (free with meteor for a few months when it launches soon on pre pay) or 9.99 on bill pay with three or inclusive as part of the O2 advance plans starting at 35 euro per month with inclusive calls and texts)
    I dont like the build quality of the x10 mini pro and I haven't used the nokia c5-03.

If I had to pick (and I'm biased as I use one) I'd go for the blackberry and my second choice would be the nokia (which is touch screen only). But if I'm honest I'd really want none. What does she want to use her phone for?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

mainly used for calls and texts really, looking up the SE it seems to have dreadful battery life though, i like the look of the other two phones, not much options at these price points though on vf, how is th b.berrt on calls and texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not sure about the nokia. But the Blackberry's (as with all Blackberry's) have excellent battery life. For me the Blackberry is a great all rounder but the 8520 lacks 3G which means using data (browsing the internet) would be slower than the other two but if you're not using data you're fine. One other thing, if she's not going to use the email function the blackberry provides then there's no real point getting one.

Advertisement