Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I'm afraid I don't know much about the gun above but with:

This

You cant really go wrong, you'll need a battery and charger but you'll still be within your limit. Its a great gun out of the box. The blowback on this gun is pneumatic so it won't effect the durability of the gun and looks deadly imo :D

If you're looking for batteries and a charger a great site is: http://component-shop.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

The Raider is a very good gun for the money but keep an eye out for G&G's new models which should hit the shops soon, the G26 looks nice. G&G is a solid brand in general, as are G&P or VFC but they tend to be a little more expensive.

One other point, we don't use the word weapon in association with airsoft devices, gun is acceptable but not weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Decoy wrote: »
    The Raider is a very good gun for the money but keep an eye out for G&G's new models which should hit the shops soon, the G26 looks nice. G&G is a solid brand in general, as are G&P or VFC but they tend to be a little more expensive.

One other point, we don't use the word weapon in association with airsoft devices, gun is acceptable but not weapon.

No prob, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

The Dboys m4 you linked is alright, good enough aeg for a beginner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

woodturner wrote: »
    No prob, sorry.

Don't worry about, even experienced airsofters do the same.

BTW, welcome to the insanity that is airsoft! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

+1 on the G&G raider linked to above - a great gun for a beginner or more experienced player alike.
    The dboys aeg is a pretty good for a starter gun - but if I had to pick one I'd put a little bit more aside and go for the G&G.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid (at all costs) any Classic Army sportline aeg. Their proline are ok, but more expensive. The sportline models (especially their M4 versions) are nothing but trouble.

richieffff wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't know much about the gun above but with:

This

You cant really go wrong, you'll need a battery and charger but you'll still be within your limit. Its a great gun out of the box. The blowback on this gun is pneumatic so it won't effect the durability of the gun and looks deadly imo :D

If you're looking for batteries and a charger a great site is: http://component-shop.co.uk/

Thanks, been looking at that there now. Nice looking gun. For €30 I can get the battery and charger with the gun. Would i be better off getting a few batteries and a charger from that other link you posted? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

its not really worth the extra 30 euro for battery and charger,yea the battery might be goodish but usually the chargers are complete cack!@!! it would take several hours to charge your battery

save the 30 euro and get a decent 9.6v 1600mah nun chuck,i have an ASG 9.6 2000mah nunchuck that lasts a full day of airsofting.

as for chargers hmmm get a smart charger,one that wont take all day to charge your battery but also try get one that will last several AEGs
    got a delta peak charger from SEairsoft there a few weeks ago,a great charger except for the size,really fast and has a discharge aswell as tells you when your battery is full,all these features are really handy every now and then

just try and get the 1 battery and a good charger for your aeg,getting 2 or 3 batteries is grand but i rather 1 4000mah battery that lasts me the whole day aswell as many after it(i havent got a chance to try it out yet)

So get the Delta charger from SEAirsoft and 1 or 2 4000mah batteries? I'd probably only need the one 4000mah battery or should i have a second?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

you wouldnt even need those, thats just what i have
    just find a good smart charger and 1 good battery with about 9.6v 2000mah and you are set!

• Advertisement
Advertisement