Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tooth at 2 months

Options
  • 18-04-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Has anyone else heard of a baby getting a first tooth at the back of their mouth?

I know its normally at the front bottom so just curious. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A relation was 10 1/2 pounds at birth 2 weeks over due, she had her first front tooth at 2 weeks! It was in the 70s, she was on solids at 2 weeks, through her bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Every baby is different and although there are 'norms' there is no 'rules' abour which teeth will come first. Some babies are born with teeth!

Just in relation to the last post. I know you say that baby was given solids through the bottle from 2 weeks back in the 70's, but this is very much not recommended today for anyone who is considering it, regardless of the baby's birth weight! A baby's digestive system is very immature and is not designed to cope with anything other than breast milk or formula.

I know we like to think that we are all intelligent mothers who would only do what is right by our babies, but you'd be surprised at the mothers out there who still bulk out their babies feeds with baby rice or a rusk. And its amazing what you hear of some mothers doing who would do anything to have their baby sleep a little longer so they can sleep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Every baby is different and although there are 'norms' there is no 'rules' abour which teeth will come first. Some babies are born with teeth!

Just in relation to the last post. I know you say that baby was given solids through the bottle from 2 weeks back in the 70's, but this is very much not recommended today for anyone who is considering it, regardless of the baby's birth weight! A baby's digestive system is very immature and is not designed to cope with anything other than breast milk or formula.

I know we like to think that we are all intelligent mothers who would only do what is right by our babies, but you'd be surprised at the mothers out there who still bulk out their babies feeds with baby rice or a rusk. And its amazing what you hear of some mothers doing who would do anything to have their baby sleep a little longer so they can sleep too.

I totally agree, the person has bad allergies and ashma, they believe there may be a link between the age shewas weened / given solids.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A girl at work's baby was born with teeth, they had to get them removed as he kept biting his little tongue. My own little man only had 4 teeth at the front for ages then suddenly started getting molars a few weeks ago.

Advertisement