Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Please!

• 18-04-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for some C&C on the below image. Still waiting to pick up my first ever slr next weekend :D so this was taken on a Nikon Coolpix S6 and post-processed in Adobe Lightroom (first attempt, need to read the tutorials, just pressed a lot of buttons till i got what i liked!).

5632403287_80b23a1327_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

5632095917_3b6d610f16_z.jpg

I usually don't fancy vignettes too much, but this one works well. I like the tonality and the colour scheme of the picture. The haze in the background adds depth to the picture. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Thanks Thonda, no vignette was knowingly applied though ;)

How did you get the image into the body of the post? edit: sorted!

Cork Boy wrote: »
    .... How did you get the image into the body of the post?

I think you've managed, but just in case, click on the drop down icon, select "Grab the HTML/BBCode", select size with maximum length 800px, select BBCode radio button, copy and paste.

5632824298_cdbce2cf99_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Im not usually one to comment on pictures....I spend more time looking, reading and trying to learn than giving feedback as Im only learning myself...

But I really like that photo...has a great mood to it! And great colours!

One thing that my eye picked up on; was it cropped after you added the vignette, as the vignette appears to be more prodominant on the left hand side.

Anyways - it really captured my attention and I found myself looking at it longer than I normally would - well done Rory!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am also not into vignettes. While I agree that it does sort of work here to bring the attention down to the chair on the pier, a crop just above the trees would also acheive that in a more elegant way. The eye then is not drawn at all to the sky away from the main interest. The quite extreme sepia toning complements this image to give a mood of lazy yesterdays spent fishingin the river. A pleasing shot, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Curran wrote: »

But I really like that photo...has a great mood to it! And great colours!

One thing that my eye picked up on; was it cropped after you added the vignette, as the vignette appears to be more prodominant on the left hand side.

Anyways - it really captured my attention and I found myself looking at it longer than I normally would - well done Rory!

Cheers Curran, the vignette (is that the blackness at the edges?) was applied by accident :eek:, I was trying to saturate the sky with a nice orange hue to dramatize the sunset and then when I thought I had the finished product, I kept fiddling around and started playing with the presets as this is my first attempt at PP and I only downloaded Lightroom yesterday (completely legal of course :D).
    CabanSail wrote: »
    I am also not into vignettes. While I agree that it does sort of work here to bring the attention down to the chair on the pier, a crop just above the trees would also acheive that in a more elegant way. The eye then is not drawn at all to the sky away from the main interest. The quite extreme sepia toning complements this image to give a mood of lazy yesterdays spent fishingin the river. A pleasing shot, well done.

Good point, thanks a mill Caban, must have a look at this when I get home and post up another version. As mentioned, the extreme sepia is a sepiad saturated sky so complete freak accident... beginners luck methinks!

Advertisement