Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flapjack Recipe

Options
  • 18-04-2011 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about making some flapjacks and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a healthy and tasty recipe. I'd probably prefer flapjacks that are more chewy than crunchy. I'd be willing to add some sort of fruit to the mixture as well.

So, anyone got any good recipes? If so, basic step by step instructions and recipe details are required :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Try the Cooking Club's first ever recipe :)

Khannie's flapjacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

That recipe is great, I tried it out a few months ago. Everyone I gave a Flapjack to wanted me to make more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Thanks, sounds good.

Quick question though, is a tablespoon the same as a dessert spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

G-Money wrote: »
    Thanks, sounds good.

Quick question though, is a tablespoon the same as a dessert spoon?

Not really, but for a flapjack recipe, the exact quantities would not matter too much.

Completely botched these.

First batch didn't seem to bind properly so when cutting them I basically just have a load of loose oats and some stuff that's half stuck together at the side of the tin.

Second batch seems to not have had enough oats (used about 120gram) and seems to be swimming in juice almost. Have taken them out and it's just all soft material. I added in a tablespoon of Nutella too to the mix.

2 tried, 2 failed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

I have a really nice recipe, they are really chewy!! :)

Its 4oz of butter, 4oz of brown sugar, and 5.5/6 oz of oats :) Poor the butter and sugar into a bowl and melt it. Then stir in the oats.
    Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 - 20 mins. When u take them out get knife and cut them into slices in the tin. Then leave them in the tin to cool for a good 40 mins. Otherwise they will just fall apart :(

Mine used to keep falling apart too. I used to end up with a tin full of loose oats. I think it is getting the balance between too much liquid and too little oats, and too little liquid with too many oats. Uno? fiddle around with it :) i found this recipe worked anyway :)

Cheers for that, will make a note of it.

Actually the 2nd batch seems to be ok. Once they were out of the oven a while they began to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I replace a small amount of the oats with flour. I find it helps them bind much better

Thanks for the tips. Batch 1 were actually nicer to taste, but just didn't bind that well so I've a load of loose oats. I suspect had I cut the oats down to 120g it would have helped.

The Nutella one's set the best, and they taste nice but not as nice as the first batch.

Advertisement