Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I think pretty much everything in this episode would be my worst nightmare for a wedding!

But sure as long as they love each other and they're happy that's the main thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

He's so awkward and stiff, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The cacti are simply immense :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Fair play to her for going through with the dive and all the rest, but he's some b*ll*x for putting her through that on the day of her wedding... Very unfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah he seems like a nice fella.

Oh Jesus Declan Nerney! Actually now OFFICIALLY my nightmare wedding!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That music is my worst nightmare !

Enjoyed the show I hope they'll be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

At least he said he loved her I suppose! The cacti were my favourite bit, inspired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

She seemed very un-diva-ish. A pleasant surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Meangadh wrote: »
    Oh Jesus Declan Nerney! Actually now OFFICIALLY my nightmare wedding!! :D:D:D

Whoever marries me has a guarantee of nothing less than Nathan Carter.... ;)

I havent seen the show this season, only watching for the first time tonight, but I've just noticed something ..... in the credits, a script writer is listed.... I think they have got somebody on board to sensationalise the thing a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TalkingBread

Much funnier episode this week.Declan Nerney and flares still a fashion.Only in longford. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,727 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Much funnier episode this week.Declan Nerney and flares still a fashion.Only in longford. :)

And his hair piece :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And his hair piece :p

Gas!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dee_mc wrote: »
    At least he said he loved her I suppose! The cacti were my favourite bit, inspired :D

My husband walked into the room when she picked up the cacti and said 'jaysus, they look like dildos!' Bit worried about the type of dildos he's seen tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I'd say you have to throw in some far out plans to actually to get on the show itself. Well that's my reasoning for some of the crazy plans. I thought they came across as a lovely couple. They were very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I was a guest at last week's fiasco and the scriptwriters DO feed lines to the victims participants. At least this lot got to sit down to a dinner !

jos28 wrote: »
    I was a guest at last week's fiasco and the scriptwriters DO feed lines to the victims participants. At least this lot got to sit down to a dinner !

Well I planned our wedding on last year's show and we weren't told what to say or anything.Everything we said was OUR own words.The scripwriter's job was to ask us questions during interviews with the couple, family and friends featured on the show.

That's interesting about scriptwriters...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

There's obviously been a change of procedures for this year and it shows it the quality of the programme. Major deterioration since your time TalkingBread

Most of the production team has been changed for the first few episodes. They've only recently began filming again. Two ladies from Cork who had their civil partnership for the show 2 weeks ago had the old crew. Six of the couples (including us) from previous years were reunited to do a special "Happily Married" show. Will be aired after this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I watched last nights episode twice! When my OH came in I told him how funny it was and we watched in again - now he has a vested interest in weddings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,727 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His facial expressions and the way he speaks he reminds me of Bernard O'Shea...

I thought Pat Shortt and Bernard's love child :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Second time they have sent a bride to The White Room for her dream dress, hands down the most expensive bridal shop I went near. None of the dresses were under 2K. No way poor groom (who I would murder if I was the bride) could have gotten anything near the spec of that dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It always amazes me how desperate people are for 10k when I watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Mammy brings ham, spuds & sweetcorn. Would prefer frozen pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Mammy brings ham, spuds & sweetcorn. Would prefer frozen pizza

It looked a bit ****.

Hope she had some gravy.

Swanky, totally unfeasible 'dream' venue - check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Where are they living? can't place the accents?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    It looked a bit ****.

Hope she had some gravy.

I'm pretty sure he said 'No white sauce, no?' and she totally ignored him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We were considering that venue for ours but the room is narrow and seems to have separate sections so we crossed it off the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I think That's The Palace, Navan, it said Tullamore at the start...confused

Advertisement