Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Samsgirl wrote: »
    She was never getting Kilshane House. It's a few miles from me and very expensive. Una from The Saturdays got married in our local church and had reception there.
    Weddings by Franc did one there also for an Irish girl working for Sky Weather. Lisa Bourke I think.

Have you not watched it before ? They never get the venue the bride sees

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Samsgirl wrote: »
    She was never getting Kilshane House. It's a few miles from me and very expensive. Una from The Saturdays got married in our local church and had reception there.
    Weddings by Franc did one there also for an Irish girl working for Sky Weather. Lisa Bourke I think.

They always do this. A couple who need to go on tv to fund a wedding aren't likely to be in the market for the expensive venue the bride has a nose around.
    The reception was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

ted1 wrote: »
    Have you not watched it before ? They never get the venue the bride sees

Oh I have alright. I was just saying how unrealistic it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I just caught it from the hen party. I must say id love a venue like that. Room for the kids, animals... it's so different. Add a bouncy castle and I'm happy. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

lazygal wrote: »
    She's putting on a brave face. She can't be happy with this.

I didn't think she managed to pull off a brave face at all, looked like a sulky teenager about the shoes/ wellies...and did you notice there was none of the usual ' he did amazing' comments....seemed impossible to figure out where 10k went..bar her dress and bringing the brother home noting else should have cost too much ( altho farm man said 2.5k I don't know what that included). The couple seemed too immature to be getting married imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

solerina wrote: »
    I didn't think she managed to pull off a brave face at all, looked like a sulky teenager about the shoes/ wellies...and did you notice there was none of the usual ' he did amazing' comments....seemed impossible to figure out where 10k went..bar her dress and bringing the brother home noting else should have cost too much ( altho farm man said 2.5k I don't know what that included). The couple seemed too immature to be getting married imo.

I think they said the catering wasn't included in the venue rental? And it looked like they had a big crowd. Plus hair and makeup, woeful hen night (must have cost about €7!) and stag, flowers, decorations in venue (black backdrops, chair covers, candles, fairy lights), the bridesmaids dresses (which didn't look cheap, was the cost of them mentioned?) and the groomsmen's suits (rented I presume), photographer... I'd say you wouldn't be long arriving at ten grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

amdublin wrote: »
    Who's doing the food??? What kind of food?

Yes how much did the catering cost that was not shown or also bridesmaids dresses from Pamela Scott must have cost a fair whack

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes how much did the catering cost that was not shown or also bridesmaids dresses from Pamela Scott must have cost a fair whack

Maybe if they paid for the dresses but they shoplifted them hence the security tag, I jest. But in all fairness I would have let loose on the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well he tried harder than some of the other husbands. Wasn't a great day though, she didn't look terribly pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

They have ruined the format,with all the receptions needing to be something wacky. When they used to just haggle with a hotel and put the emphasis on getting the bridesmaids dresses,shoes for bride etc it was much better.

Some of the dream reception venues are half realistic. Kilshane House is €125 a head midweek.

Agree that they seemed too immature to get married. She actually popped up on my Facebook feed as we have a mutual friend. She is prob around 25 or so.

Poor girl getting sent to Poulmucka for her hen. Clonmel is 10 mins away,as is Cahir. Could've easily sorted a bar with finger food for her if he didn't waste money on the limo.

Her dress was nice before he ruined it with the red. The underskirt would have cost a few quid too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

So the dress was how much, a grand? The venue was a grand or so? What did he spent 8 grand or so on?

So the dress was how much, a grand? The venue was a grand or so? What did he spent 8 grand or so on?

Men's suits , furniture hire, decorating the venue,food drink etc it all adds up

He paid to get her brother home from Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TalkingBread

First same-sex marriage tonight for the final episode this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jaysis I'm fierce confused.

I was like no we had two before *confused face*
    But I guess our previous same sex episodes were civil partnership? Whereas this is the first marriage??

I didn't know the marriages had started I. E. were legal yet. But they obviously are, that's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep should be a good episode. One of the guys is Venezuelan and his husband is trying to bring his mother over for the wedding.

See ya all tonight

These pair are a nice couple

What the heck is he cooking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Aw love these two. They're upgrading their civil partnership.

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    What the heck is he cooking?!

I dunno but I want one :D

I didn't get the theme. But like it now with his reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Army clothes! Wtf.. Boy is living the stereotype

The hotel is so old we have lots of crockery. Um really? I thought all hotels had all that stuff... :pac:

I love old dodgy hotels like wynns!

They must NEVER do it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

He reminds me of Leo varadkar!

An army tank :p really

Lol the Venezuelan fella sure can talk! He loves his clothes

I missed a good bit of the beginning, why is he going with the 1916 theme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TalkingBread

dee_mc wrote: »
    I missed a good bit of the beginning, why is he going with the 1916 theme?

To show Kerwin how far Ireland has come fighting for equality, liberty and freedom.

Advertisement